Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Pics to follow but picked up a 1995 Yamaha FZR600!! First bike but maybe an upgrade on down the road. 600 cc is plenty to learn on!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Still alot of bike to learn on. My first motorcycle had maybe 12 hp. My last motorcycle had about 48 hp. Which was more than my last Volkswagon years ago...

That 600 will go, don't let it fool you! Be safe and take a riders course while your at it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Slightly more powerful that my '64 Motobecane moped! Have fun - ride safe!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Looks fun!! Watch out for the idiots on the road!!!
:beer:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Oh yeah. Remember one very important thing. The helmet. Wear a good helmet. $100 helmet = $100 head. How much do you value your heads well being? I also wore leather whenever the temperatures allowed such attire.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

HJC Racing Helmet = $195
ICON Leather Sportbike Jacket = $420
Gloves = $80
I definetly made sure I got the good equipment.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jshak07 said:

HJC Racing Helmet = $195
ICON Leather Sportbike Jacket = $420
Gloves = $80
I definetly made sure I got the good equipment.
That's the way to do it! :yes:

I remember my black gloves releasing the black dye onto my hands when I rode during the summer months. Heat + sweat = blackened hands. After about twenty or so rides the dye was gone, but the gloves fit like, well gloves! :D Same for the riding jacket. I also had a pair of heavy duty boots that laced up my leg to mid calf. Did I ever go down? Nah! But I was equipped for the eventuality! :cigar:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am still getting the hang of it but the weather is making it hard because it wont stop raining! The jacket is a real snug fit but the more I wear it the more it will break in. I hope I dont go down but if I do I have about everything I can to prepare for it. Plus I look good to ! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep be careful out there, n have your lights on full beam + highbeam.
Got shut of my last bike in 2000 it was a Honda superblackbird cbr1100. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I bet it's a nice ride in Kentucky! I haven't ridden since I moved to Florida, I like the mountains and twisty two lanes better than flat interstates and 1000 people on cell phones.

Nice looking bike, enjoy and be safe! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
2 wheels is the greatest stress reliever out there. its a very close tie with sex. at 300km/h, your will stop breathing for a second lol. and when the hydro post are a solid steak, your going fast enough hehe/. :lightning:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got to jump on it for a quick ride today (even tho it was freezing) and there is nothing like jumping into 3rd gear at about 70 mph in a matter of seconds!

(and yes I quickly let off the gas, still to new to this!! :( )

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
If this is your first bike and you showed us your gear NOW WEAR IT. Ankle high boots also. The big thing I learned from years of Bicycle Racing and Training is to MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH THE DRIVERS!! If you don't use your Saftey gear GO BECOME A DONAR!!!!! :heart: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
sign your donor card anyways. the biggest challenge we face on 2 wheels, is the lack of attention from cages (aka cars and bigger lol). with cell phones and makeup application. its getting even harder to go for a relaxing ride. get out of town, and hit the back road twisty turnies. stop and go commuter traffic is no fun and is unsafe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.