Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Escape and im having JN Phillips replace my windshield Friday. I think they can reuse the rubber trim gasket. I also know that they aren't supposed to use that temporary blue tape around the trim of the windshield. Is there anything I should look for when they replace it? Is PGW autoglass any good? thats what they want to use as a replacement. It used to be PPG autoglass. It's supposed to be Carlite oem. They said that the PGW has the same quality and the etched black area above the rearview mirror but has a small 4" tint area across the entire front.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just came inside from looking at my windshield and noticed that its PPG and has the tint on the top. I think it would be funny if it didnt have the tint along the top section. What do you guys think? you can see it in my picture. Im not sure if this is true but when I google images of ford escape XLS 01-07 the windshield dont have tint. But when I google images of XLT(like mine) they have tint along the top. Im guessing that if your rear windows are factory tint then you'll get tint across the top with the windshield? Anyone have answers?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Looks like the only difference between the two is the coatings. I googled it. PGW is a suitable replacement. The tint is up to you. They do OEM glass, and aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here is the run down. I had JN Phillips install my windsheild and they gave me a FoMoCo Carlite. YEAH! It fits much better and sits closer to the dash than the PPG that was there before. Although it could just be a better installation this time. They installed a new rubber trim around the windsheild too. So JN Phillips gets 5stars! :thumb:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had Safelite replace mine. It has the black sun shad above the rearview, and its clear, and doesn't have a crack going all the way across it. That was my only stipulations.

Oh and it has a lifetime warranty on leaks and stuff so thats good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.