Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!!! I'm new to the forum and a new ford escape owner as well. About a week ago I bought a used 08 escape XLT with 12k miles for 16500 otd... I'm financing it with my credit union at 7% for 72months my payments are around $260. On a quick trip to my local ford dealer yesterday I was approached by a salesperson who said he could get me a great deal on a new 08 fullyloaded at 0% interest if my credit was good. I told him that I have good credit, but that I just bought my escape a week ago.. he said lets run a dummy deal see what you think.

Fords deal:
they will pay off my escape.
Get me into a new 08 fully loaded xlt black on black
Free maintenance for 3yrs.. no paying for oil changes tire rotations or filters.
I would have to put $2,000 down and my payments would be 399.00 a month at 0% interest.

After going back and forth with the sales manager I finally told him that the more I let this deal marinate in my mind the more it sounds like a bad idea.... Another sales manager called me today and asked what he could do to make this deal happen for me. I told him to waive the $2,000 down and get my payments at $350 a month at 0% interest and I would make the deal.

I'm stuck.. I would love to have a fully loaded escape but the deal they are offering doesn't sound good.. am I wrong? The sales manager kept giving me the "I'm not making any money on this deal" Should I have taken the deal or did I do good by turning it down? Please help.. I'm confused as to what I should do or what should be my next move.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Go with your gut instinct. The fact that you're asking the question shows that deep down you know this can't be good. Dealers don't give away vehicles. You made a good deal on a nice Escape that you are happy with. Don't lose sleep over "the on that got away".

This deal smells like yesterdays fish.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
The things you have to look at is how much can you afford? Do you have to pay sales tax AGAIN? Is it really worth it to you to have a higher payment for a brand new vehicle? I tell you what...having a vehicle from the beginning of its life is a sure different feeling....cuz then you know EVERYTHING that has been done to it. But then again you may still be able to play the game a little bit. Find out what the dealer's price of the vehicle is and tell him you will give him $50 over their cost and nothing more. Tell him he is making money on the deal or you are walking away...that's the best advice I can give. But you still have a damn near new vehicle and you got it at a good price...what is worth more to you?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You already have your Escape, what are you thinking your doing?

Who cares if he's making any money on this deal? What has that got to do with you? A few thousand miles on the clock doesn't make your Escape worn out/obsolete you know. I'd take a pass. He's trying to steal your car and get you to pay 50% more per month. What's the upside to you? Nothing if you really want to know. Absolutely nothing. Keep you Escape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I love my escape! My gut says stick to what you have.. But I still get a little excited thinking about having a decked out new escape! I just got off the phone with Sunrise ford in North Hollywood, CA. They are not budging on the deal.. they increased the free maintenance to 4yrs they said I wouldnt have to put nothing down.. and my payments would be $450!!! I know what its like to have a $500 dollar car payment and its no fun! I'm done dealing with them.. I'm keeping my escape unless they give me 350 payment I want with 0 down. I cant negotiate worth a damn with them... they keep saying maybe I should look at a less expensive vehicle to get my payments at 350.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
You could deck out the Escape that you currently have and still be MUCH better off in the long run, in my opinion. :yes:

Welcome to the City !! :)

Very much looking forward to seeing pics of your new Escape !! :)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Supertramp. I reckon your'e better off keeping your current escape. It only has a few thousand kilometres on the clock, so henceforth you basically have a new escape. I purchased my 06 Escape as new. So far i have clocked up about 86,000 kms. It still drives like a new car. Even with my odometer reading it is still a baby in mileage.

I used to have an early model ford sedan. Because of circumstances it was kept for ten years. When i traded it in, i almost had a million kilometres clocked up. :lol: Approximately 780,000 kilometres short of one million kilometres. Almost there but not quite. :hyst: Quite sensational for a six cylinder engine.

Can imagine that fully loaded ,brand new escape must be enticing for you. But it appears the sales rep is not willing to negotiate on your terms. To me it seems you will be better off financially keeping your current escape. But keep in mind i am only submitting an opinion. :)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Hey Supertramp,

Welcome to the city! :wave:

I had a similar situation 2 weeks after getting our Escape a beautiful Mariner came on the market. We got such a good deal on the Escape that I thought it could work out to be about "equal" in payments, more like $150 more. I didn't go through with it. Sooo glad I didn't. We love the Escape and have not looked back. And living in SoCal in this economy we need all the help we can get. You'll be glad you kept it.

BTW...had some "Breakfast in America" this morning. Get it? Get it? :rockon:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
futameca said:
Hey Supertramp,

Welcome to the city! :wave:

I had a similar situation 2 weeks after getting our Escape a beautiful Mariner came on the market. We got such a good deal on the Escape that I thought it could work out to be about "equal" in payments, more like $150 more. I didn't go through with it. Sooo glad I didn't. We love the Escape and have not looked back. And living in SoCal in this economy we need all the help we can get. You'll be glad you kept it.

BTW...had some "Breakfast in America" this morning. Get it? Get it? :rockon:
LOL! I got it! I'm really happy with my escape! I'm keeping it! I have freed up about $240 dollars after totaling my nissan versa which i was paying around $500 a month on and upside down like a Motha... !! Now I can relax... I really dont know what I was thinking almost making that deal!!! I got screwed over once with my versa I almost did a repeat! I would have been kicking myself if I would have traded in my escape!

I'll be posting pics soon! so you guys can "take a look at my essssscaaape.. she's the only one i got"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colleen said:
You could deck out the Escape that you currently have and still be MUCH better off in the long run, in my opinion. :yes:

Welcome to the City !! :)

Very much looking forward to seeing pics of your new Escape !! :)
Thanks for all the welcome post guys!!! I'll be decking out my escape soon... I think tinting my windows is going to be my first mod!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts