Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals

I'm brand new here and just bought my first Ford , a 2010 Escape Sport (6 cyl FWD)

I can only say that I'm VERY impressed with this so far and any tips and tricks from board members could really help.

What type of fuel do you burn ?

I've tried running the Sunoco Gold 93 and the reg 89 Pump gas and don't notice much of a diff in mileage.

Any tips or tricks would be helpful.

Thanx

Gypsy
Ottawa Canada

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Gypsy. Congratulations regarding the new escape. :thumb: :welcome:
At the moment i vary my fuel grade.
Sometimes 'Unleaded' petrol is used.
Predominantly, i top up fuel tank with 'Premium Unleaded'.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Congrats on the new Escape!

I've used plain old regular unleaded 99.999% of the time. (The one time I didn't was because the gas station was out of regular.) The manual says that's what the motor is tuned for so that is what I use. Originally I only used Shell. Then I switched to Getty because they were consistently the cheapest and had no credit card surcharge. After a year or so, I started having some engine stumbling issues so I switched again. Now I mostly use Sunoco. Every 3 months or so I'll add some Prestone Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
rehctelf said:
Most Escapes will do just fine on the 87 octane.
What I always use. :thumb:

Congrats on your Escape and welcome to the City!

:wave: :welcome: :wave: :welcome:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
When I had my Escape, I only used regular grade gasoline.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Unleaded Regular.

Premium grade fuel has a combusion retardant to keep engines from pinging, or firing the gas to early. You don't need that unless your gas is crap, or your engine has an issue that needs looking into. But the Unleaded Regular from a busy station to get fresh gas, and a name brand station as the generics are not always what you want in your tank. If you can get real gasoline, and not the blended with 10% Ethanol, you will be rewarded with better gas mileage! :yes:

·
Registered
278 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Unleaded Regular.

Premium grade fuel has a combusion ******* to keep engines from pinging, or firing the gas to early. You don't need that unless your gas is crap, or your engine has an issue that needs looking into. But the Unleaded Regular from a busy station to get fresh gas, and a name brand station as the generics are not always what you want in your tank. If you can get real gasoline, and not the blended with 10% Ethanol, you will be rewarded with better gas mileage! :yes:
That's odd....I use gas with 10% ethanol and I get better MPG as it has a higher octane of 89 I believe.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
2010Escape said:
jonas1022 said:
Unleaded Regular.

Premium grade fuel has a combusion ******* to keep engines from pinging, or firing the gas to early. You don't need that unless your gas is crap, or your engine has an issue that needs looking into. But the Unleaded Regular from a busy station to get fresh gas, and a name brand station as the generics are not always what you want in your tank. If you can get real gasoline, and not the blended with 10% Ethanol, you will be rewarded with better gas mileage! :yes:
That's odd....I use gas with 10% ethanol and I get better MPG as it has a higher octane of 89 I believe.
It might be rated for 89, but I doubt that it truly is.

It really doesn't matter to me. What really fries my grits about the ethanol thing is the corn issue. It just isn't smart to turn a food stuff into a flammable liquid for the purpose of transportation. Especially when it uses just as much energy to convert the foodstuff into a liquid energy product as the caloric content that available in the liquid!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts