Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just signed up after trying to get on Escape-central and them not approving my account for 4 days now I found this site.

I just traded in my 2002 Explorer XLT on a 2008 Escape XLT. Here is the only pic I have of it.

If you can't tell, I currently live in Alaska, but will be leaving this wonderful state next February. I'm in the Untied State Air Force, stationed at Elmendorf AFB, and I'm a Client Support Administrator.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Welcome home Jeff! I could tell that was Alaska right away! Had a chance to get stationed there back in the 80's but went to West Germany instead. Hope you have a great time on this site. :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Jeff M said:
Hello everyone. Just signed up after trying to get on ***-*** and them not approving my account for 4 days now I found this site.

I just traded in my 2002 Explorer XLT on a 2008 Escape XLT. Here is the only pic I have of it.

If you can't tell, I currently live in Alaska, but will be leaving this wonderful state next February. I'm in the Untied State Air Force, stationed at Elmendorf AFB, and I'm a Client Support Administrator.
Welcome to E-C! You have a beautiful picture of your Escape.

BTW, don't feel like the Lone Ranger on trying to sign on to the other site. They are VERY customer unfriendly, imo. ;-|
I tried like six or seven times to get on to their site.
Never have gotten a response... :bang:
Just the same, from what I can tell this is overwhelmingly the better place to be.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Welcome to the City, Jeff !!!! :) That is a sharp looking Escape that you have there !! :) :thumb:

monkey-1 said:
........ more importantly: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!
Yes, Thank You very much for your service !!!!! :)

monkey-1 said:
I too spent my share of time in the USAF way back in the early 90's but never got to travel much.
Thanks very much for your service as well, monkey-1 !!!! :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Nice Escape and nice background!

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service!

:clap:

Please feel free to make yourself right at home here!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to Escape City!! That other site you can forget. I have other words for them. :tease: Tthis place is ten times better than they are. :wave: :rockon: :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Welcome to the City!! :welcome: Lots of friendly, helpful peeps here!
Nice pic!!!
:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet guys thanks for the warm welcome. I plan on doing several installs on this including the 1" lift, Magnaflow or custom Flowmaster cat-back, some HID's if I can find the kit, find out what the difference's are in the '08 and '09 motor are and make the move to 230hp instead of 200hp, and some kind of aftermarket horn because the Focus horn isn't cutting it. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The Edge's dual-note horn should fit right into the single-note 2008 Escape horn's place. It even uses an identical electrical connector. You may need to drill a hole for the Edge's horn bracket, which has a small tab that's offset 90 degrees from the Escape's tab.

2007-2008 Edge horn (behind and below the headlamps on the passenger side):

2008 Escape/Mariner/Tribute horn (behind and below the headlamps on the driver side):

The Edge horn part number is 7T4Z-13832-A.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Ryno911 said:
I agree 100% with the comment about the horn... it blows! (and not in a good way)
Funny you should mention that. Being a female, stuff like that usually does not matter to me, but even I feel like the horn is kinda wimpy. :lol:

I will have to show this thread to hubby. That Edge horn sounds like it would be much better. :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I just looked up the Fusion horn (ours is also dual-note), and it looks identical to the Edge's, even though the part number is different.

If I had bought an Escape last year, I would have changed this right away, too. My 2005 Escape had dual-note horns (high on one side, low on the other). I like the Edge's design, which has both horns on one bracket with one connector.

It's a little pricey, but I'd still change it.

https://www.tituswillfordparts.com/cart ... mit=Search

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Welcome to the city Jeff. Presentable escape you have there. Also the alaskan background looks quite stunning

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Dual note horn is decidedly a good idea. I do the dual every chance I can as well. Thanks for the info JP. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Welcome home and what an amazing picture! BEAUTIFUL background! I would hate to leave that myself! If you need anything please post up and we'll get back to you at our earliest convenience :bill:

PS thanks for your service!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
:lol:

Those are gonna be great!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts