Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the stock 15 with a set of 16s from a new mustang, and wrapped them in Toyo open country all terrains. The new wheels and tires measure 3 inches taller than the old ones.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Those wheels look like the belong on that Escape! Very good choice!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Nice. I like the way the tires fill the wheel well :thumb:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
NICE

·
Registered
21 Posts
They do look great!!! :thumb:

One advantage of having an older model, that you can do that. I have a 2008, and they said a larger tire will effect the computer, and the TPMS. Don't know how true. I just purchased 4 OEM 6 spoke Machined wheels off a 2009 Limited. Now I'm going to put the tires that are on my steel rims on them , along with the banded TPMS. Wonder what kind of problems I'll have with that?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
jackdk said:
They do look great!!! :thumb:

One advantage of having an older model, that you can do that. I have a 2008, and they said a larger tire will effect the computer, and the TPMS. Don't know how true. I just purchased 4 OEM 6 spoke Machined wheels off a 2009 Limited. Now I'm going to put the tires that are on my steel rims on them , along with the banded TPMS. Wonder what kind of problems I'll have with that?
You won't have a problem, because the tire pressure is still the same. If the rim was like 20's you might run into a problem. Once the psi is over 32psi your ok.

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
pretty, pretty, pretty good!

just very nice

same tire for me toyo open country G02 for winter

French(11 days for the new baby 2011 to arrived)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I really like them on your Escape. They really look like they came stock. I'm really into upgrading my car but it has to look like OEM. So I appreciate your style. :peace:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. The nice thing was that these wheels were free, a friend with a mustang just upgraded his wheels and was going to put these out for the trash. 4 Wheel Parts also helped by giving me the tires at $129 each with no labor for installing them and included the all inclusive tire warranty. After seeing them on my Escape I think that Ford should have offered them as a stock wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts