Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... First post to this forum for me. I used to own a 2002 Escape and replaced it three years later with a Toyota 4Runner. Well, the 4Runner has been absolutely trouble-free and I plan to keep it forever. But I'm also considering picking up a new Escape (love the new body style) soon, but I wanted to know if any of the old nagging problems have resurfaced on the newer Escapes. Specifically, how is the transmission holding up? Any other potential areas of concern?

BTW, I was a long time member at the "other" Escape forum before getting banned. But that was absolutely okay with me because one of the mods over there had a God complex and I'd rather not be a member anyway. I suspect this forum was created for a similar reason, especially considering that I recognize some of the screen names here as old time members from over there.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Hey Tom,

From one Tom to another Welcome to the City. :welcome:

I like them new bodies too. Perhaps when the Barca-lounger gives out. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

As for the other site, well, seems to have gone awfully quiet there now ;) but here it's a lot more friendly, unless you drive a Tahoe!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C!
camusdarrach said:

As for the other site, well, seems to have gone awfully quiet there now ;) but here it's a lot more friendly, unless you drive a Tahoe!!!! :lol:
[here's where I leave the room]

:bill: :shock: :fan:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
We don't need any steenking Tahoes here! :shock: :D Welcome to the city Tom. I hope you enjoy your time spent on here.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Welcome Tom R I sure hope I wasn't God,if so forgive me :bust: :topic: Enjoy yourself

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Welcome to the City, Tom!
:wave: :welcome: :wave:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
weebee said:
We don't need any steenking Tahoes here! :shock: :D Welcome to the city Tom. I hope you enjoy your time spent on here.
Ha ha, CBramsey, looks like you might have to think again about your new "car" :hyst:

:D

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
jpark said:
Welcome to E-C!
camusdarrach said:

Bye Bye, Blizzardman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
camusdarrach said:
weebee said:
Ha ha, CBramsey, looks like you might have to think again about your new "car" :hyst:

:D
:hyst:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
camusdarrach said:

I heard that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
camusdarrach said:
jpark said:
Welcome to E-C!
camusdarrach said:

Bye Bye, Blizzardman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Good, now lets talk about how to really run a forum!
...I'm kidding, I'm kidding... awww man! Come back you big lug. :lol:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
weebee said:
I resemble that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :box: :box:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Welcome to this domain TomR. :) I have possibly been outcast from that other place also. It does not bother me. Anyway glad to hear, you are enjoying escape-city. :) :happy: :wave: :welcome:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Welcome to the forums Tom! :beer:

If you're planning on buying an 09 Escape, you're in luck because the CD4E was replaced with a new 6-speed transmission. Both the 2.5 and 3.0 engines were also overhauled for more power and efficiency as well. 08 models still have the same V6 as always and the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder that was added to replace the 2.0 in 05, as well as the same manual and auto transmissions.

As for the tranny, we had one guy on this forum, Scott, who has his 07 auto transmission go out around 20,000 miles, replaced under warranty. Other than that, I think the rest are ok.

Enjoy your stay here!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ajax said:

If you're planning on buying an 09 Escape, you're in luck because the CD4E was replaced with a new 6-speed transmission. Both the 2.5 and 3.0 engines were also overhauled for more power and efficiency as well. 08 models still have the same V6 as always and the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder that was added to replace the 2.0 in 05, as well as the same manual and auto transmissions.

As for the tranny, we had one guy on this forum, Scott, who has his 07 auto transmission go out around 20,000 miles, replaced under warranty. Other than that, I think the rest are ok.

Enjoy your stay here!
Okay, that's good to know. The main reason I sold my 2002 Escape is because I was worried about the transmission and my warranty was ending. Rather than buy an extended warranty, I just decided to get a 4Runner because I've always wanted one. My Escape was low mileage (less than 30K), but I had a close friend and a relative who both had their transmissions replaced, so I guess that's why I got cold feet. I'm glad that they've started putting 6-speeds in the new Escapes now.

·
Registered
390 Posts
TomR said:
Okay, that's good to know. The main reason I sold my 2002 Escape is because I was worried about the transmission and my warranty was ending. Rather than buy an extended warranty, I just decided to get a 4Runner because I've always wanted one. My Escape was low mileage (less than 30K), but I had a close friend and a relative who both had their transmissions replaced, so I guess that's why I got cold feet. I'm glad that they've started putting 6-speeds in the new Escapes now.
:worry: I have an '02, 73K, but hoping it is one of the good ones.
Welcome to Escape City. The more I hear, the more I'm glad I never got in over there. Too many weird excuses, hush hush from other members, bizarre administration.
This is a nice Escape forum. Friendly members, organized, great active administrator, and ditto with the mods.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Ajax said:

Enjoy your stay here!
Yup, that was my tranny...

Anyways welcome the boards Tom...I'm formerly ScottieIUFan fyi

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Yup, that was my tranny...
You must remember her from the other forum as well

:D :hyst:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts