Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

nice tail

8K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  lilshimy36 
#1 ·
#3 ·
haha. but it is a nice set though eh

#5 ·
what tails does yours have stock? do they have the yellow or red turn indicator?

#6 ·
Those would look good tinted. :p

#8 ·
I think, on your silver Escape, Altezzas would look ok. I wanted darker on mine, I put on these AVS covers, purchased from advancedauto.com, and I really like them, it darkens up the rear end. Not sure if they're legal in MA though...

#10 ·
Ajax said:
I think, on your silver Escape, Altezzas would look ok. I wanted darker on mine, I put on these AVS covers, purchased from advancedauto.com, and I really like them, it darkens up the rear end. Not sure if they're legal in MA though...

Can I buy those off of you before you sell your Escape?

#11 ·
#12 ·
Make sure you are looking at the slotted ones too, not the full tint. Here's another link: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/escape...d-Style-Taillight-Covers-01-07-P1564C377.aspx

I'm not sure they will come off the truck without damage. I had to use better sticky tape then they provided and they are on there pretty good- they may get torn if I try to remove them. Unfortunately for me, no one seems to be bidding on my truck these days (at least not a fair offer) so I may be driving it for some time still.

#13 ·
Ajax said:
Make sure you are looking at the slotted ones too, not the full tint. Here's another link: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/escape...d-Style-Taillight-Covers-01-07-P1564C377.aspx

I'm not sure they will come off the truck without damage. I had to use better sticky tape then they provided and they are on there pretty good- they may get torn if I try to remove them. Unfortunately for me, no one seems to be bidding on my truck these days (at least not a fair offer) so I may be driving it for some time still.
And I made off with your grill :woohoo:

#14 ·
You going to keep the V6 on it? I was always looking for a small Ford symbol to add to it, wasn't sure if it would be too much though...

#19 ·
jhande08 said:
I'm looking for taillight guards or covers that I could leave on day or night without getting stopped. Anyone got any leads?
My son had the plastic ones on his Escape. I had the metal ones for awhile on mine. The plastic ones are thinner and look better in my opinion. The wife hated the metal ones I had on my Escape and made me take them off.

#20 ·
#21 ·
those are illegal? thats wierd. even with those covers on your tail lights would still produce more light then most older vehicles.

#22 ·
Scooter Scott said:
I was thinking about maybe doing a little change...but I am afraid if I try taking that emblem off that it will leave a mark.
FYI I installed it with Crazy Glue, I'm not sure how that will come off the powdercoat..... as a last resort you can remove it and have it recoated, I paid $60 originally

#23 ·
Ajax said:
FYI I installed it with Crazy Glue, I'm not sure how that will come off the powdercoat..... as a last resort you can remove it and have it recoated, I paid $60 originally
I just got the V6 emblem I want to put on my factory grille like yours AJAX. Should I use Crazy Glue too or do you think the adhesive it comes with will be fine.

#24 ·
Not sure on plastic.... the problem with Crazy Glue is that, if you take it off, you leave some hard-to-remove residue. Try putting it on with the tape and see how secure it is (and if you can see the tape around it lol).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.