Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about night shading my taillights also removing emblems from the back of my 05 limited. I want it to look something like this when I'm done.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lemme know what you think :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Tinting the lense? That's illegal in most states. I'd surely check the Motor Vehicle laws to make sure your keeping legal.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I don't like the tinted tail lights at all. In my opinion and only my opinion it looks pretty cheezey. But what matters is what you like, and pretty much it's a taste of your personalizing your ride, so go with it if you like it. :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
They are illegal in most states. But if you tint them lightly they wont give you a hard time. I live in N.Y. and I used to own a Celica that I tinted the tail lights. I got pulled over a few time but never for the tail lights. Cops said as long as it wasn't to dark they wont bother with it.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I can't say I've seen many with tail lenses that dark in Minnesota.. shaded, yes; darkened completely? Only with LED lights (reducing from ridiculously blinding to... decent). There's probably another way around this... nonetheless, if it were legal, I think that would look pretty cool, although I would probably cover the reverse lights and keep the red reflector uncovered.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I've seen some pretty dark ones here in Nebraska... don't think our cops care too much about anything haha. They were so dark you could barely see the brake lights. :stop: :doh:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not looking to go DARK. I'm looking to shade the tails. This is just a paint spit image of what I meant. I got this idea off the Cherokee SRT8 forum. They look badass. The rule on shade is there has to be at least 50% of red visible to reflect when off or during the daylight. I read this somewhere in a car forum. It would take at least two cans of night shade to get that dark. ( in pic)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Personal preference, it would look better if you bumpers were black/charcoal as on the XLS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts