Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a used 05' Escape with the no boundaries package. I love the truck, but don't get the roof rack. It slides down to carry bikes. I don't need this because I have a hitch bike rack. I need to connect a cargo box on top, but the crossbars seem too far back on this no boundaries roof rack for a cargo box to work. Anyone have any ideas? I can't move it forward any further, but I can take it off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Trade roof racks with me :)
That's the best option in my opinion ;)
lol

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
ssfranco47 said:
You like the no boundaries rack? It seems kind of useless, but maybe I am missing something.
It is easily the most wanted factory accessory for the first gens, its stylish and many find it useful.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Wish I had more insight on this but the truth is I've never put anything on the top of my truck, it was all about the look when I bought mine.
I have heard it mentioned that this rack has it's issues including trying to carry longer items like canoes, they end up resting on top of the cowl at the front. :doh:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
ssfranco47 said:
You like the no boundaries rack? It seems kind of useless, but maybe I am missing something.
Bro. You figure out how to take it off and then decide to sell it here, you can pretty much name your price.

Hell, I'd try to find a way to mod it onto my second gen.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Meatloafmountain said:
ssfranco47 said:
Bro. You figure out how to take it off and then decide to sell it here, you can pretty much name your price.

Hell, I'd try to find a way to mod it onto my second gen.
Lol, meatloafmountain is right, I don't think there is a member here who wouldnt consider taking it off your hands...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The OP has a point, it was a $1000+ rack fully optioned with extra holes to drill that in the end only held 100# just like a regular roof rack. It looks 'cool' but probably adds extra wind noise on the highway too.
If the OP gets rid of his for a 'standard' rack, he'll have holes in the roof to plug/cover and new ones to drill.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Probably too late as the pre-13 Escapes are getting older now, but back in the day it would have been lucrative if someone would have offered an aftermarket rack that mounted to existing holes but offered the same No Boundaries look with the tubular frame and deflector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize I had such a gold mine on top of my Escape, but will try and make it work. It does look pretty cool, but not sure how functional it is for carrying cargo boxes, kayak racks, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts