Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, was the No Boundaries Edition a really limited production or something? I have only seen ONE other one in person and it was a '04 to '07. I feel lonely knowing that even HERE I am like one of a kind.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Ajax has one...You're not alone :('

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I don't think it was limited production - they just didn't sell as much as the other trim levels. It was then discontinued for '06 or '07.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yup, it was an option package for XLT models, and definitely one of the best-looking options ever offered on the Escape.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What did the NB package offer besides the stronger, cooler roof rack?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm wondering the same. Did I get a lower gear ratio? lower transfer case gears? or just appearence stuff? Also, is it rarer on my model years than the '04-'07 since I only see it on the newer ones?

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,597 Posts
Didn't it also include better skid plates in front and rear in addition to the cool roof rack???

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The skid plates that I have only do so much. They are 1/4" plastic peices and I have already messed on of them up hitting a rock.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The flip-over roof rack is pretty cool, too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jpark said:
I personally hate the rack with a pasion. I will be getting rid of it as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
On my 05, I think the package consisted of:

roof rack and new bumper
front and rear "skid plates" (as stated, cosmetic only)
Goodyear Wranglers instead of ContiCrap tires
Dark Shadow Grey trim instead of black
trim on doors attaching front bumper and rear bumper to rocker panels

maybe different interior trim (I have silver inserts and dash trim)
maybe tow package (Class II hitch and transmission cooler)
maybe step bars

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ajax. on my 04 xlt i have silver inserts and the class II with transmission cooler. but maybe those are for the XLT and then if you get the no boundaries you get the rest of the stuff eh?

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Possibly. My truck is officially a XLT with the No Bound package and I can't remember what went with what...

·
Registered
220 Posts
02escape said:
jpark said:
I personally hate the rack with a pasion. I will be getting rid of it as soon as possible.
You want to sell that rack?? I will buy it from you for a good price if you're interested??

~John

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jmorton10 said:
02escape said:
jpark said:
You want to sell that rack?? I will buy it from you for a good price if you're interested??

~John
You will have to fight "DoubleDee90" from Escape-Central for it. :lol: He/she already wants it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
UH ohh let the bidding begin haha :BB2

·
Registered
321 Posts
haha I would if I was going for an offroad style.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i like the part on the front that states ESCAPE on it. but i cant see myself ever using the slide down part. because it looks like you would have to take whatever you put on it off to open up the back. and about the only thing i could see putting on it would be bikes, and i already have a rear tailgate 3 bike holder. have you put the slide out piece down? if you were to put something on it can you lock it up so you can access the rear cargo area without emptying the rack?? ive never seen one up close.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts