Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was crusing around yesterday and noticed a black escape that had the no boundaries roof rack on it and absolutly fell in love with it....anyone have any suggestions where to pick one up other than the ford dealer?? From what ive read other than drilling a few more holes it will bolt right up.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did myself fall in love with this rack. i did buy a 2009 model, so, no rack available for that model... The answer i found is a basket rack on top with its deflector. looks rugged and is handy too! It comes with a spider style net to fix things. i did buy an accessory that fixes a second spare tyre up there; The look is not exactly as cool as the original thing on previous models but answers my "rugged" style specs. I will post pictures once my "summer" set up is up. (the roof has a ski rack mounted in winter...)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea im not worried about the bumper aspect of it...mainly just the looks.To me it makes it look 100% better,i love my escape but would love it more if i could find one of those racks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I wanted a NB rack as well. Instead I gave up on finding one, bought myself some 3/4" conduit and a $60 yakima fairing and built my own roof rack. All i had to do was pay someone to weld it together for me. I attached it to the factory crossbars with u bolts and some conduit hanger. It looks pretty nice, I'm just in the process of repainting it.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
jth0024 said:
Not sure if this helps, but I wanted a NB rack as well. Instead I gave up on finding one, bought myself some 3/4" conduit and a $60 yakima fairing and built my own roof rack. All i had to do was pay someone to weld it together for me. I attached it to the factory crossbars with u bolts and some conduit hanger. It looks pretty nice, I'm just in the process of repainting it.
:pics: :pics:

·
Registered
137 Posts
pictures please! curious to see how you're DIY rack turned out!
:pics:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No Boundaries Roof Rack on ebay right now! It is a salvage yard in AL. Also, separate lising and different seller (TX IIRC) is the rear bumper for the NB rack. No other items relating to that rack however.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Where?! I don't see itt

·
Registered
352 Posts
damnnnn =(, it says currently reserved or out of stock on the website. I so badly want that rack

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is a good alternative.

·
Registered
352 Posts
well I dont actually need it for any carrying purposes, I just really am in love with the look of it and the ESCAPE across it. But they are the hardest to find

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello All,

First post.

I have owned my 02 Escape with a NB rack since 2005 and have used the extendable rack feature exactly TWICE since I have purchased the vehicle... both times to move mattresses.

I agree that it looks good, but the wind resistance and aerodynamic drag created by the rack is, in my opinion, hurting the fuel mileage of the vehicle and makes it a challenge to wash the roof and remove pitch.

Also, I have the misfortune of having a cracked NB rear bumper, which makes it difficult to find a replacement for a reasonable cost due to the requirement of the notches for the rack to click in to.

While the rack looks 'cool', I would not go out of my way to obtain another one should I purchase another Escape of similar vintage.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Welcome to the City Oceanic815!!! :hi: :welcome: :hi:

We are glad you are here!!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum. :topic:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts