Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the No Boundaries rack - especially the fairing on the front with the "Escape" text. Anyone ever try to fit that to the stock rack? I'd rather not have to get the whole No Boundaries rack and drill new holes into the roof since it's diff. than the stock one. I've got an '01 Escape that I'd love to put that - or something similar - onto the existing rack. Thoughts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,977 Posts
Yakima roof racks/baskets have a similar fairing that is optional, although it is smaller than the NB fairing. You could get a vinyl sign shop to put the Escape logo onto that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool - I'm actually talking to someone who's selling a yakima rack with the fairing on it, so that'll work. AND - I actually work for a vehicle graphics sign shop - so I can do that part :)

PS: If anyone needs any graphics - we're available! I did the lettering on my windshield here at work actually :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
can you make advertising type signs?? if so, my wife might be interested in one for her cobalt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
The Yakima is prolly your best bet like said, cheaper and easier.

And I did the letters on mine myself also, just picked up a sheet of scrap from the local sign guy, laid it on as a solid sheet then traced the edges of the raised letters with a razor blade.



Colors don't match but I have a pint of Chrome Yellow paint and plan to paint the letters sometime here soon. I just did it in vinyl to see if I liked it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Hello McScape. I like your ' ESCAPE' logo lettering across top of windshield. It's a good effect. Also noticed the spotlights. How many watts per each spotty?.

Have never regretted installing my spots. I only use mine, out on the country roads and the highway. Just that extra distance of beam helps a lot. Not sure ,what wattage limit is allowed overseas. My spots are the ' NITE STALKER ' brand, and their rating is 100 watts per spotlight. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Offroadford4x4 said:
The Yakima is prolly your best bet like said, cheaper and easier.

And I did the letters on mine myself also, just picked up a sheet of scrap from the local sign guy, laid it on as a solid sheet then traced the edges of the raised letters with a razor blade.



Colors don't match but I have a pint of Chrome Yellow paint and plan to paint the letters sometime here soon. I just did it in vinyl to see if I liked it
Hi! :hi: That lettering on fairing looks good. Nice contrast, with the dark background of your fairing.
:) :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I like that alternate coloring on there too - the yellow on black looks really nice. And CrashNBurn - we can definitely do that. We do national fleet programs where we fully wrap the cars with whatever the company or customer wants. Fully removable graphics with an air release adhesive to prevent any bubbles. Let me know if you're interested (size and if you need any design work) and I'll get some pricing. My lights are the Westing driving lights: 55 Watts / 12 Volt. It's technically illegal over here to have more than four lights on at once, but as long as your not a jerk and flashing them in people's eyes or something, you don't get any problems with having all six on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
McScape said:
Ok cool - I'm actually talking to someone who's selling a yakima rack with the fairing on it, so that'll work. AND - I actually work for a vehicle graphics sign shop - so I can do that part :)

PS: If anyone needs any graphics - we're available! I did the lettering on my windshield here at work actually :)
Would you be so kind to do Jeep stuff too?? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
hey scott, he might only cause you used to own an escape.. hehe :play:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
Saweet! Now I just need to think of something that I want to put on my rig. Let me know if you have any ideas. I'm not very creative :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Saweet! Now I just need to think of something that I want to put on my rig. Let me know if you have any ideas. I'm not very creative :(
How about,

"about that Jeep thing, I got it, now it burns when I pee"

:hyst:

I want to get that for my F150 since all my friends have Jeeps :yes:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top