Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket stereo problem:

I bought a Pioneer amp and Kicker sub to install in my Jetta, running off a Kenwood head unit. I ran RCA cables and remote on cable down one side of the car, and 8 guage power off the battery down the other. I put the amp and sub in the trunk, grounded the amp and hooked everything up. Virtually no volume from the sub, it's just barely moving and not as loud as the 6 1/2" deck mounted speakers. I messed with all the head unit settings, including pumping up the bass as loud as I could get it, to no avail. Then I messed with all the settings on the amp- gain, HFP, bass boost, even tried all outputs (2 ch. amp I want to bridge but tried both channels alone, nothing).

I put the sub in my Escape, hooked it to my aftermarket Kenwood amp in there and it worked fine. I then hooked the Pioneer for the Jetta up to my Escape's wiring and it ran either sub just fine. If I wasn't so frustrated I'd hook the Kenwood amp from the Escape to the Jetta but I need a break. I even tried another set of RCA cables, no change. Think this is my head unit? I hope not, I bought it 6 months ago....

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got it fixed! I called Crutchfield, they couldn't find anything to help me with but referred me to Kenwood themselves. It took a couple calls but I had to reset the whole head unit then turn the sub off then on then add a couple + to the sub db column and it was good. Not sure exactly what the problem was (or how I fixed it) but now I'm running it at +5 on the head unit and +12 on the amp and it sounds good!

:violin: :rockon: :whistle:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts