Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i replaced the rear motor mount on my 2002 2.0L. its the one down toward the bottom kind of in the middle. has three mounting bolt holes and one in the middle. The mount had been goin bad for about a year now and ive put about 20,000 miles on it since i notced it was starting to fail. I took it off the mount was very loose and worn out. I in stalled the new one. when i went to drive it under moderate accereration there is a awful front end noise like a like a groan and grind. Any ideas ??? thanks

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
That groan and grind means the engine assembly is out of its alignment with the drivetrain components like the main driveshaft.
By changing only the center mount you mentioned is not good enough if the other mounts are not changed so for the engine to sit properly at the indicated height.
The sound you hear comes from the universal joints of the axle and it is only a matter of a some miles before breaking up.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sorry for the bump but I cant beleive I am missing these, but thats what SUV is here too and yes i agree

1 - 3 of 3 Posts