Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a rattle noise from my front right side, it appears to be interior but Im not sure, it is pretty noticeable. I wanna say it possibly from one of the front passenger side dash vents, its there on bumpy roads, but if you get out on a smooth Highway it disapears. Its more of an annoyance than a serious problem but I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to what it may be.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
If it is from the interior, there may be some debris in or around the blower motor housing, or even outside under the cowl, and the noise is travelling through the vents. Otherwise, look at the front suspension components, notably the sway bar links, sway bar bushings, and tie rod ends.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
^^^ What the Quishmeister said ^^^

There was a time I thought I had an internal component loose because of a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side footwell. It ended up being one of the suspension component he mentions. I forget which one though because I've had them all changed out at one point or another...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RobtRoma said:
^^^ What the Quishmeister said ^^^

There was a time I thought I had an internal component loose because of a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side footwell. It ended up being one of the suspension component he mentions. I forget which one though because I've had them all changed out at one point or another...
thats weird, it sounds like someone dropped a screw in the dash..is that what yours sounded like?
It just seems to loud to be on the outside, because I can hear it so clearly..and the car drives straight and it only happens on rough dirt road or old back roads, but on smooth highway its fine.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Mine sounded like something bigger than a screw. It was kind of a tink, tink noise like someone tapping two screwdrivers together. It was weird but I've had so many odd noises with my Escape that I'm getting used to them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts