Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Escape City.
My Name is Mike , and i just purchased a Escape , yesterday so far i love it , but i want to put a navigation in it and when i do the fliter in all these web sites , like crutchfield, and bestbuy , and its says that a double din wont fit ,but i have a double din right now , any ideas on how i can make this work or the direction i need to go to make it work, thanks for the help....its a 2002 xlt v6

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Hey Mike! Welcome to EC! We will definitely get you started with your mods. I'll hit you up with your LED Tail lights and we can go from there :) The double-din...piece of cake. Don't listen to the "pros" at crutchfield...they don't know what they are talking about :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i want to go ahead and order the double din.
how do i get all the xtra plugs and connecters?
i dont think "crutchfield" has them. lol

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
It is not likely you will find an aftermarket unit that is plug and play. Some wires might need to be spliced / reconfigured. We have all the schematics for the system you have now if you can explain what you have in the audio department there in that Escape and likely recommend the best way to go about this mod. Also what brand and model Nav are you getting?

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=903

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
God I like the looks of that system! Let us know what you need help with...we got ya covered. The wiring will be very easy...all color coordinated! Kinda dummy proof.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
It even has blue LEDs.

:D

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello _MikeO_ ! :) Best of luck with your in car navi system. Any particular model you are partial to?

·
Registered
231 Posts
after doing much research on nav systems for customers, i've found that the newest nav system by pioneer is the best. the f900bt seen here. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash/AVIC-F900BT the z3 is awesome in its own sense b/c of the internal HD and voice activated nav... but i think for the money.. the 900bt is great. or you could spend about $100 more and get the pioneer premiere f90bt and get the extra 1 year warranty

-weez

1 - 9 of 9 Posts