Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recession has hit me. My job was eliminated yesterday, and I was 'cascaded' back to my old job. Good news - still have a job, pays the same. Bad news: no more smoked gouda grits in Jackson, MS, oyster po'boys in Houston, TX, grouper sandwiches in Orlando, FL, etc.

:cuss:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
So i comprehend they have restructured your job. No more extra goodies? I do sympathise ,but at least you get to keep the original position. :) Glad i did not trade my escape in on a new car.

Our work orders from clients have dropped right off. We are steady but not full on busy. I do not see retrenchment as a hazard, but it is not a good time to be acquiring a new car. If things get too quiet, the bosses have hinted that their observations will be on the ball. If push comes to shove, certain employees will be dismissed as in sacked, if they do not pull their weight.

I have seen this in other places. Factors the bosses keep an eye on are : Sick days taken off ,like they have gone out of fashion. Not being reliable. Punctuality. Performance levels, as in having the ability to be productive. If they regard someone as having too many smoko breaks, it will be taken into account.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Sorry to hear that. At least you didn't loose any $$ though. You can get the smoked Gouda at Walmart :D :popcorn: :whistle:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this. :( Thankfully you still have a job and didn't have to take a pay cut. Chin up. :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Seems to be getting the epidemic proportions lately. Two friends on another board out right lost their jobs. Down sizing where they work...One guy was two years away from being eligible to retire. I think he just turned 61. The other guy installs stereos and other automobile systems, or he did anyway.

Sad for you, but like you say. You still have a job! And that's not all bad! :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I can send you some of those por'boys from Houston.......it'll take me 3 hours to drive down there but anything for JP's bro-in-law. :)

Sending you best wishes! :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Believe me, bro-in-law deserved much better treatment than this.

His boss was an out-of-town, corporate-sleeze lunatic. At least he won't be dealing with him anymore.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon, bad news - still report to the same guy! Just hope he goes next.

Dasha, I'm actually flying from Jackson to Houston for lunch on Wednesday, then back to Jackson later that afternoon. I'll get my last po'boy!!!

Go :bill: in 2012!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts