Registered
501 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
I would call it middle-aged haha over the hill should be like 120,000+
mmm middle age crisis....maybe park it next to a 20K Miata for a while? :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I say put tape over the last three 0's...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Congrats on reaching 100K! :thumb:

My take on the experience would look something like this... :calvin:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It's a newer model engine, you shouldn't have any problems yet. my understanding is they are now built to last. I know there is a different tranny and oil that you can use for high mileage on rigs.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Congratulations jw3s. :thumb:
Your escape engine should be ok, providing it is well maintained.
I have clocked up about, 156,000kms on my 2006 2.3 L escape.

It is kept serviced regularly.
Keeping my escape long as possible.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Taking pics while driving 75+ :doh:
Happy 100K :wave:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have only owned her for about a year and have only enjoyed putting the last 8k miles on it. I hope to keep her for several years. i am confident she should last for many more miles, since i was provided with all the maintenance records since the first owner picked it up from the dealership.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Back in the Day story:

It used to be, pre sixties. If a car had over 50K miles on it, the thing was worn out and in serious need of rebuilding the engine, transmission and suspension. I had a 62 Ford Fairlane as my first car. When I bought it, paying $200.00, the car had over 60K miles on the odometer. I drove that car for three years and about another 100K miles! :shock: Then I sold it for $200.00. :shades:

None, except for the Bullitt (24K) and Tribute (30K) have less than 100K miles on the clock, and most of the cars that I have owned do I let go before 200K miles. They just keep on keeping on. :cigar: So, I tend to look at 100K miles as getting broken in. :rockon:

·
Registered
294 Posts
congrats on 100k! hope mine lasts that long and it might knowing how the previous owners took care of it...they babied it.
mine just clocked over 60k
Also i dont speed in mine LOL! no place too here anyway

1 - 20 of 21 Posts