Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Both side curtain bags went off. Doesn't look like the body was hit, but the front quarter, drivers front and rear doors.

Driving straight through a green light other driver coming towards me turned and nailed me.

Worked so hard to keep it in great shape to go 20 years, 350k miles. Only make 95k miles and 5 years. We'll see what happens. Not sure I can talk the wife into another Escape, she had RAV4 on the mind when we got it.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,807 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this. Talk to your insurance company about the criteria they use for totaling a vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With both side curtain air bags having deployed, the insurance company will more than likely total the car. Sorry to you're having to go through this. I just hope that you don't live in Texas, as there is currently an insurance war down here.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My insurance wants me to take photos for them for the estimate. Why not also shop all the parts?

The side airbags are $200 each. The seat air bag is $160. Drivers front door is $950, drivers rear door is $600, front fender is $230 (all OEM). Assorted trim, interior door panel, internal parts for doors, I am not still not sure. I hopefully will have an estimator from a body shop out soon to check it. $5k? $10k?

I am just not sure of the the B pillar, I am not sure if it took a hit or not. The rest of the body didn't get touched that I can see, the rocker lip/edge under the doors and the door sills look clean.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has taken 18 days to get an estimate.

The single most expensive part? The headliner, at $1500.

The estimate is $14,500. I am not clear if State Farm is going to fix it or total it, no one in the office today.

Private Party value locally is $11,000-$13,000 but I am not clear on what value they use to determine worth.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totaled. Fair market value (fair for who???) is around $14000, getting a check for a little over $13k. Nothing even close to that price is available, so might try a little bit of an upgrade. I would love an MKC with the 2.3, there is perfectly equipped 2020 Escape SE, some reasonably equipped MKX's but they all seem to have white/very light interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts