Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a oil leak in the snow from drivers side front tire. Not a big one but enough to notice. Took it to the dealer today and found out i need a front axle shaft, seal and transmission case replaced under warranty!! WTF year old and the the lady told me it was common problem with the escapes? But parts have to be ordered from the usa. Common problem but no parts in stock. LOL

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's so common that the parts are completly out of stock!

The new 6F35 trans-axle has a small issue where the inner axle flaps around in the housing and chews up bearings, seals and other "semi-important" components. Thus the need for all the new components.

Considering the amount of new Escapes I see on the road and the frequency of reporting for this particular issue, there will either be a TSB or a recall (eventually) for a real fix [hopefully soon.] Seems no mater how you drive - this problem develops.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
sleeve said:
It's so common that the parts are completly out of stock!

The new 6F35 trans-axle has a small issue where the inner axle flaps around in the housing and chews up bearings, seals and other "semi-important" components. Thus the need for all the new components.

Considering the amount of new Escapes I see on the road and the frequency of reporting for this particular issue, there will either be a TSB or a recall (eventually) for a real fix [hopefully soon.] Seems no mater how you drive - this problem develops.
Not so! Actually two TSBs on the issue. The LH half shaft has a rough surface finish which is damaging the seal and sometimes the bushing in the case half. The first TSB stated if the bushing was bad, a new case half was needed which included the seal and bushing. The superceded TSB changed where the bushing part number was provided along with a removal/installing tool part number. There some confusion about the tool which "all" dealers where sent in 10/09.

Have already heard of one waiting 16 days and was told it'll be another 3 weeks in the Boston area. Another one waiting up in Canada too.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they said the parts should be 5 days.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
andjayik said:
they said the parts should be 5 days.
One in Bobcaygeon, Ont. was told 4 weeks another in Tulsa, OK just got parts after 4 weeks. Your 5 days would be a record!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i guess i have a record cause the parts came in in 5 days!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
andjayik said:
Well i guess i have a record cause the parts came in in 5 days!!
Read another one today from Tulsa, OK, had it back a week after the dealer having it 33 days but unsure if they only had the leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.