Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda re-defines "Ugly" with the new Accord CrossTour:

Looks like the nasty offspring of an Insight bred with an Accord. Accord front half. Insight rear.

Now I'm not a huge Toyota fan either, but the Venza looks so much better IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Except for the front end, it's not exactly... er... attractive. And it sure looks like Honda's front-end inspiration, during the "design" of this thing, may have had more than just a little to do with then-early spy photos of the 2010 Fusion...

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's an ugly shape with any badge on the front!

The four door midsize hatchback was always a bad look.

:barf:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

At least it's parked near a dumpster.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wifey drove an '81 Citation when we met. (I'm aging myself!). Man was that thing a "piece". We traded it as soon as we wed (for a Ford of course).

·
Registered
278 Posts
kkreit01 said:
Honda re-defines "Ugly" with the new Accord CrossTour:

Looks like the nasty offspring of an Insight bred with an Accord. Accord front half. Insight rear.

Now I'm not a huge Toyota fan either, but the Venza looks so much better IMO.
I love it! Seriously...I do.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jpark said:
Yeah, it's not exactly... er... attractive. And it sure looks like Honda's front-end inspiration, during the "design" of this thing, may have had more than just a little to do with then-early spy photos of the 2010 Fusion...

Just sayin'...
Familiarity breeds contempt, imitation on the otherhand is the most serious form of flattery! I think Honda is worried that Ford is on the comeback to snag the sales lead with the Fusion. And the aged Accord formula isn't what it used to be. Same goes for Toyota and the Camry.

Oh my gosh! bland is out. Let's tack something on the back of the Accord to make it sporty and different! LOL!

Really! It maybe a thing for them to go to NASCAR and have the slickest shape for racing... :shock: The Fusion design is the slickest in NASCAR for the past couple years...they (Honda) didn't know that after this year NASCAR is moving over to the Pony car chassis, did they?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2010Escape said:
:wacko:
:spank:
;-|
:bang:
:wall:
:doh:

Maybe it will grow on me. I haven't seen one in person yet. I actually like the Venza.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
jpark said:
Yeah, it's not exactly... er... attractive. And it sure looks like Honda's front-end inspiration, during the "design" of this thing, may have had more than just a little to do with then-early spy photos of the 2010 Fusion...

Just sayin'...
AND... what the heck. At least they're not bucktoothed Acura's!

·
Registered
278 Posts
kkreit01 said:
2010Escape said:
:wacko:
:spank:
;-|
:bang:
:wall:
:doh:

Maybe it will grow on me. I haven't seen one in person yet. I actually like the Venza.
Now...Now we are entitled to our opinion and in my opinion it is far more attractive then my Escape. In 3 years this will be will be considered "normal" while our dinosaur Escape looks become obsolete.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Really? In a few years this look will be old. The Fusion has been wearing this front end style for three years already. Look at the Kuga, Fiesta and new Focus for future styling cues on new cars. Just my $.02. ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Agree in the new Acuras. Their front ends/grills are horrible (much worse than Ford's razor grills).

Well, Gillette just one-up'd Ford:

It's a photochop -- but funny.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
:hyst:

:clap: :clap:

Just saw the new fastback Accord yesterday at Academy Sports and Outdoors while shopping. White, hunchback looking thing. Corny looking rear facing glass, but I suppose you can see out of it, IDK though. Maybe just a styling cue from the old little Civic SRX from years ago.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My first car was a 1980 Accord hatchback and it was a great little car.
IMHO better looking than the new Crosstour thing, I think it's the 4 door design that doesnt work for me.

Can't see them in this pic but the shark gills in the hood were kinda snazy!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I suppose you have a thing for those Buick portholes too?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
They are weight-saving holes for ultra-crisp handling. :wave:

1 - 20 of 148 Posts