Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up north over the weekend visiting my girlfriend and thought I would share some pictures for those of you who think you have seen snow :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Great pictures...perfect Escape weather.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GreatEscape2004 said:
Great pics inspectorgadget83, thanks for sharing.

Where "up north" ?
(as a born and raised Michigander, I love this term for anyplace north of Saginaw/Bay City, but usually not including U-P)
I guess it would be way up north then. Her place is north of Houghton in the UP. The last picture is the Houghton/Hancock bridge.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
There have been a few times in my life that I've seen snow like that. The worst was a blizzard in the mid 90's that dropped almost 3 feet of the stuff with drifts over 10 feet tall. That reeeeealy sucked. I don't know how you all deal with it on a regular basis... :frozen: Luckily, we've been relatively warm the last 10 years or so...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wow, thanks for the photos. I've seen on the news here that parts of America are having record snow falls.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Looks like Cleveland when I lived there in the early 70s. I used to drive to college, and the drifts and plowed snowbanks would be higher than the roof of my 67 Ford Galaxie. There were times that I was the only car on the highway and the snow plow truck had not gone through yet. The snow would pack up into the engine compartment and freeze the engine. My headlights wouldn't be shining in front anymore. So I would stop and find the snow would be packed up over the bumper and packing into the grill and in front of the headlights...crazy! :shock:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
We haven't either. :D

Thanks for posting the pics, inspectorgadget!! Your Escape looks awesome in snow! :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
GreatEscape2004 said:
Great pics inspectorgadget83, thanks for sharing.

Where "up north" ?
(as a born and raised Michigander, I love this term for anyplace north of Saginaw/Bay City, but usually not including U-P)
no doubt, up north = the thumb

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Now THAT is the kind of snow I want to see here!! I would have such a hayday!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
We have had a couple snows, but they are just a dusting. The ground has been so warm on both occassions that it melted within half an hour, even on bridges. :peace:

·
Registered
370 Posts
i like some snow, but it only happens when i have to go to work, so i can't have fun in it.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Brent. That is the snow we need out our way. It would be a relief from this current heat wave. :shades: :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think you have to wait another six months for your snow stone... :rockon:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
look up Russian snow lol, there are some crazy pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts