Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch the inauguration?! I thought his speech was awesome. The number of people out there in the cold in Washington D.C. was very moving to see too. I wish I could have been there! I've got some friends who've been there since like, Sunday, and I think that's really cool. I've liked Obama since day one, but because of his political views (I'm very liberal/Democratic), not because of his color. I do recognize however, what a stride this is for (hopefully) the elimination of our country's racism one day (which does still exist).

Anyway, congratulations Barack Obama!! :D :D

"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin America again"

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I watched it on BBC.com cuz the damn American feeds were slow as hell and cutting out!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I voted for McCain but I don't hate Obama. Racism will exist for awhile, and by Racism I mean one type of person hating another type of person because of their race and not just whites hatin' on blacks. Hopefully he can be a good president and fix some of the problems.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I wonder how much patience most Americans will have for him and his programs that he has spoken about in his campaigns and today in his inaugeral speech.

I find it interesting that most people talk about how different he is from George Bush. Yet, if you were to reanalyze the 43rd Presidents campaign speechs and compare them to the 44th Presidents campaign speechs you would find yourself in awe of the fact that they both wanted the same thing; change. President Bush took office with the promise to change government to do better. So has President Obama. If the Democratic Congress will move in the right direction, maybe he will get what he campaigned for. If they don't, we won't get to see what he was talking about. My fear is that Speaker Pelosi will do everything in her power to thwart his wishes as soon as the Honeymoon is over. I beleive you will see a President trying to do alot of the same things the previous President tried to accomplish, only to meet the same derision that Pres. Bush did. Just my opinion. It has already started btw, but in the Senate. Senator Clinton was not approved by the Senate for the position of the Secretary of State.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
I did not vote for Obama. But I am willing to give the man a chance.

:thumb:

·
Registered
370 Posts
i voted for him, and i hope him and congress can work together to do their part on getting america back on track.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I want the man to have a chance too! If we don't get it right in the next four years, it is going to be a pretty sorry place to live until we do. So, yes. I do want the President to succeed with his initiatives. I also want all the S.O.B.s on Wall street to pay up for their screw up. The same goes for the Real Estate Barons, investment bankers and anyone else that has been greedy enough to steal from their fellow Americans. I can not express that or say that loudly enough.

I want justice! Give them a fair trial, then hang them! :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I voted for him...I got a good feeling about him...never did like Pres. Bush

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Our whole school watched it!!! :thumb: :thumb: I love that we got to see history in the making. It was awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I did vote for him, although he wasn't my first choice during the Democratic Primary. I did get to meet and speak to several candidates this season, (and also with a couple of Republicans, including John McCain, whom I liked), but the crowds for Obama were so huge I didn't get anywhere near him. I was, and am, however very impressed with how he inspired so many folks, and do believe that there is great promise and potential in him.

As he alluded in his speech today, the potential comes from participation of all of us, not waiting for him to perform magic. Today was the start; now it is up to us.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I voted for him! It really is time for a change in this land. My only hope is that by pulling togeather the country can work it's way out of this mess. I feel sorry for our kids and their kids.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I didn't vote for him, but I wasn't fully convinced any of the candidates were right. I feel the only way to get out of our situation is to get back to reaganomics or decentralization of the government, rather than making government the answer to all of the problems.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
6foot9inchmonster said:
I didn't vote for him, but I wasn't fully convinced any of the candidates were right. I feel the only way to get out of our situation is to get back to reaganomics or decentralization of the government, rather than making government the answer to all of the problems.
That's pretty much summed the election up for me as well. I wouldn't even speculate that Reagonomics would get us out of this mess either. I think that what Obama said should be written somewhere so that people will read it daily: Don't look to the government to solve your problems. An interesting thought for a Democrat...Maybe I heard wrong?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You guys did the right thing in voting in Obama... America is back in everyone's hearts across this universe... After all he does have the title of 'Leader of the free world'... We love him up here.... Godspeed to him. :yes:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Ok, Obama's now in the hotseat, so can us Brits have our own homegrown news back now on BBC1 :lol: ;)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Well, Zero Republicans voted for the package last night. We will have to see what happens next. I'd hate to be the Prez.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.