Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The "E" does way better then people expect in the mud and dirt. I've been slowly expanding my nerve and doing a little more rocky terrain since completely skidding the under carriage. Soon I'd like to extend the travel on my front struts. I'm currently working with a set of Rancho Quick Lifts and trying to figure out a mounting system that will not interfere with the steering. If I can get this to work I'll have over 10" of travel in the front and rear.. :wave: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
megascape said:
If I can get this to work I'll have over 10" of travel in the front and rear.. :wave: :rockon: :rockon:
Sweet, a Raptor has 12 in the rear, 11.5 I think in the front, so you are getting close.

I joined a Ford truck forum, posted pics of my miniature fleet and a few of them commented that they were surprised how good an Escape looked with mud on it. I think they were taken a bit off guard that people actually took them off road.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
totally, people trip out when I'm in Tahyua off road park. but besides crawling I keep up with everybody just at a slower pace. i'm okay with slow when it comes to off-road.

·
Registered
294 Posts
an escape always looks better WITH MUD!

i agree with airmapper, people are rather surprised that these rigs can be used for light offroading. A recent happening:
i took mine offroading yesterday to fix fences, plowed thru a dry creek bed and up a VERY steep, rocky incline with no probs, then thru a very wet boggy dirt road with deep ruts . got it covered in mud up too the roof rack. got home late and had no time to clean up. went to work this morning in it and some of my customers who came to my business (who happened to all drive tiny foreign cars, btw.) commented that they didnt know it could go off road and get dirty lol. i told them thats why i got it!
some ppl are...um...clueless.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello turbotoaster1!. :)
Yes i agree, that mud exploring is fun.

These pictures, are from about two years ago.
I parked in the pub car park.

Needed to use their car park lights, for lighting assistance.
Also used the camera, inbuilt automatic pop up flash.

Escape is in a slight mess.
That clay sticks like glue.

#

1 - 13 of 13 Posts