Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Escape is in trouble :(

Winter killed it. This morning the water pump belt was screeching for a good 30 seconds, a good reminder not to forget the block heater again. The check engine light is on, and it feels like there's an intermittent misfire. Didn't go away when the engine warmed up, so I'll have to go out and scan for codes later. It also won't rev beyond 3200 RPM or so when the transmission is engaged.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Ouch! Let me know if I can help!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, misfire. P0316 (misfire on first 1000 revs) and P0304 (misfire cylinder 4).

I swapped coil 4 with coil 5 to see if the misfire would move, but now the Check Engine light won't come on! I just spent the last half hour driving around the block trying to get a code. I don't know. I'm going to go out later with contact cleaner to clean the electrical connector, and maybe "stretch" the spring in the boot for a tighter fit.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
He doesn't want much help does he??

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
My Edge's coils are different anyway.

Yours are the same, Scottie.

:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
You ain't gettin my cheezy poofs!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Aw, Squishy! I'm sorry about your Escape :(
It was probably that -34 weather you were running in this morning that killed it! Move souuuuuth!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never! :spank:

I find warm weather too boring. Livin's not livin' unless there's risk of death by polar bear.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Squishy said:

I find warm weather too boring. Livin's not livin' unless there's risk of death by polar bear.
Or turning into a human popsicle... :frozen:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Squishy said:

:hyst:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts