Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I'm looking for oil cooler and sandwich plate for my 2004 Escape. I have the factory tranny cooler and wanted to add the oil cooler too. Does anyone have the factory part numbers for the oil cooler kit or can recommend a reasonable aftermarket kit. I tow a 400lb trailer with a 150lb load. I don't think I really need it but I feel better adding it as I might be getting some waverunners this spring.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember it was the only difference between a towing package and standard escape v6. well other than the hitch. Tranny coolers are standard.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know the part numbers for the factory cooler but it was factory equipment with the trailer towing package. It became standard equipment in 2005. I would suggest checking some wrecking yards.

Aftermarket option includes British American Transfer (BAT) http://www.batinc.net

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim, again im referencing the oil cooler not the transmission oil cooler. My 2004 has the tranny cooler... The Escapes (01-07) never came standard with engine oil coolers. unless they were built with towing packages.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ajc6882 said:
Jim, again im referencing the oil cooler not the transmission oil cooler. My 2004 has the tranny cooler... The Escapes (01-07) never came standard with engine oil coolers. unless they were built with towing packages.
I am talking about the engine oil cooler. The engine oil cooler that is part of a sandwich spacer between the block and the oil filter. The engine oil cooler was included as part of the trailer towing package prior to 05. Starting in 05 it became standard equipment.

I have an 03 that I bought new that has the trailer towing package and it has the factory engine oil cooler.

Now why Ford claims that the engine oil cooler provides more trailer towing capacity, I can't answer, but they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts