Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really not a review but for those of us that enjoy taking the rigs off-road I just wanted to let you guys know I've been doing a lot of emails back and forth with the owner and he seems like a stand-up guy. i asked him if i can come visit his shop and was told I can look, listen ask questions and talk to the guys that develop and install the suspensions.
So if you have any questions you'd like to have answered about their suspensions I'm going to plan and get over there the week of July 9th. :rockon: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sweet, put up the url so others can link to that website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm very much interested. Let me know how it goes, I wanna do a 2" lift with their products, if they are good.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There are no official kits for 08 and up but you can peice one together as mega and I have. I believe there is one for the second gen escapes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm curious as to whether it will work with a FWD Escape and how much it will affect handling. Its primarily a on road use vehicle with lots of winter and construction road driving, but a lot of the time with a few hundred pounds of stuff in the back.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be a normal pre-runner w/o the exterior mods, such as fenders, bumpers etc. It would also give it a stiff ride.Thats the only change unless you go over 2" then the camber needs to be lengthened.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KOD said:
I'm very much interested. Let me know how it goes, I wanna do a 2" lift with their products, if they are good.
Old Man Emu is rated one of the best in 4x4 and SUV mag.
I'd have gone through them had I known they did a coil spring and rear shock kit.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I talked with the owner via email and I'll be down there on the 9th for sure.
1) As far as my rig goes we are going to try and make a steering stabilizer.
2) front and rear lifts for 2008 to present (what price range would be affordable for everybody?
I've put approx $700.00 into mine and that seems very fair since everything is made to be installed pretty easy now days.
(I should say easy after we did it once and then came up with the bolt on brackets :thumb: )
Other questions as far as any year "E" goes let me know ASAP

·
Registered
168 Posts
megascape said:
http://www.arbusa.com/
ARB and Old Man Emu suspension :thumb:

A couple of great Aussie companies producing great products.

You're welcome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
105 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They will do anything you want. Fairly spendy. But it will always work the first time..
I would call them. When I went down there they were busy and I did'nt even get a chance to speak with the owner in person. I did speak with a tech. These guys actually knew about the Escape set up and the difficulty purchasing /making products for the Escape. I think if you call they will build whatever you want.
With my front end they said to oversize the bushings on my current sway bar rather then purchase a new one.!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts