Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goal: get ESCAP3 XLT or ESCAPE XLT or ESCAPE3 XLT (with 3 as a subscript) using the bolder-style chrome lettering from previous generation vehicles.

Original objective: to use Mercury Mariner and Sable emblems...
Problem: no P, picked up pre-06 Sable emblems and 05+ Mariner emblems only to realize they are different sizes and colors...

Solution: get these five emblems

S P O R T (off a Freestar, in case you are wondering)
Z X 3
F O C U S
L I M I T E D
T A U R U S S E

to create some combination of

F O R D
E S C A P E 3
X L T

The agenda is to take off both standard emblems and then have these puppies put on... ESCAPE on the left and XLT on the right. I'm still on the fence as to where on the liftgate I intend on installing them. I still also am on the fence with picking up 2x 'ZX4' emblems to make a 4X4 finished product... and it's really hard to find an A without picking up a bunch of extra letters.

The bolded letters denote which letters I plan on using. As you can tell, it will probably be a spendy project and I will have a lot of letters left over... but it's something custom, right? And hopefully it will all match! I will use this post to keep those interested updated as I go about buying these emblems...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kinda off the wall here but a tech that works for a nissan dealership i do business with has a beater 4x4 nissan pick up and he spelled out TANT on the hood. i think your plan is a little classier for sure

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the process of securing a LIMITED, EDGE, and SPORT emblem. Unfortunately, the FOCUS and ZX3/4 emblems might be smaller (think Fusion font size)... and I have no other means of finding a C unless I wait for the 2011 Edge and flip the character they use for the D.. the new EDGE's Es would look sweet too.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

SPORT (Freestar) will be here Tuesday (had to purchase it from the dealership)

FOCUS and ZX3 arrived as pulled off, I've scraped off the old tape off the S, C, 3, and X

LIMITED showed up, it looks as though a non dealership body shop bought it but never got around to using it.. back in 2006. It's twisted, dirty, but, heck, it's new. I've cut the L, T, and E off, as well as the F, should I decide to spell out FORD (which I will be able to).

Pictures to be added in a little bit.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Airmapper said:
That would be cool on the grill, kind of a retro look since FORD used to be spelled out on the Grilles.
I was thinking that... but having the grille emblem and the Ford emblem itself would look a little tacky, no? Maybe putting it on the chrome grille itself would not be a bad idea though...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

If you notice... the C is scratched. I lost it - apparently, I dropped it leaving my car - and I had stepped on it while running around my car desparately to find it. Guess I'm in for another 'C' off 'FOCUS'. But, anyway, I have a couple words to work with. 'FORD' might be good somewhere on the grille or near it (seeing as how there's already an emblem there). The '3' will hint at this Escape being a third-gen Escape (you like that, right?). I have GHIA X and FREESTAR coming, so I will be able to get my final vowels... but I guess I'm in for another C.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not trying to hijack you thread, but I saw a Tacoma the other day, and some of the letters had fallen off. The guy was driving a TACO! :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
While we're hijacking the thread (LOL), I saw an older Toyota pickup (before they even called it Tacoma) with a newly-painted tailgate with two missing letters on each side.

YO

:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe I should steal a C off a Tacoma!

I'm going to spell ESCAPE with the 3 sitting subscript to the E.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ISU01XCapeXLT said:
May I ask what the subscript "3" signifies? Generation 3?
Right on the ball.

I'm debating whether I should pick up '4X4'. I should be able to get them off eBay (namely two 'ZX4's) for about $10-12... for both. However, I feel like it will make all the embleming look cramped (although it will be on the right with the XLT). Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update. So, with some help of the sun and a plastic putty knife, I got my emblems off. After a good wash and some elbow grease (perhaps more than 'some'), here's the end result. And there's a problem.

It looks really good without the emblems. I'm so stuck on the fence, I don't know what to do!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts