Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to see an escape 2007 Xlt 9,000 miles on it. It's a certified one with leather seats, running boards, sunroof, fogs, 6cyl., etc.. They want $19,900 for it. I got them down to $18,000. I'm going to test drive iton saturday. They were doing the certified inspection on it plus getting it all cleaned up. So I told them I will go Saturday to test drive it. What you guys think of the deal? THANKS!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems pretty decent to me. My 05 escape xlt no boundaries was 16k Canadian a year and a half ago with 60,000kms. Does it really have only 9,000 kms or is that a typo? At 9k that's almost a new vehicle and probably a decent deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't know what part of the country you are in or exactly what you are looking for, but I am around Houston Texas. I just purchased a 2010 4-cyl XLT with the 204A package for just over $22K; sticker was $26,525. I might have been robbed, but it seemed fair to me...especially considering the deal they gave me on my trade. If you add the 6yr/100K warranty, it would have been just over $23K. Not sure if that helps you gauge your deal or not, but there you have it.

PS...Before I bought my '10, the sales guy at a different dealership had me looking at a certified 2008 XLT V6 with leather for around $18K...But they would not deal on my trade and low-balled it, which made a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went and seen it in person. The milage is accurated. Over here in New York City car are a little expensive. I thought it was a good price. The previous owner was an older couple they didn't use it alot. I wasn't able to drive it because it had just got in. They wanted to do the inspection they have to do. I'm still cover till 100,000 miles or 2012. Being that it's a certified Ford.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Seems a little high to me also. I didn't see whether you stated it was 4wd? It's real high if not. You can buy a new '10 fwd i4 for not much more. That would be a much better choice IMO.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS! for the info. But I'm looking for a 2007 model. I like the year model. I'm also looking for 6 cyl. THANKS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts