Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my escape ltd last night. It took exactly 7 weeks. It took 1 week longer because I had factory installed remote start.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Talked to salesman yesterday afternoon, he said about 45 days for a Hybrid. They have about two hundred on the lot and nearly as many in the pipeline. If I choose one of those it would be one day or up to 45 days.

I'm not buying one, but was looking at the 09s and 10s that they had in for personal pleasure...and he came out. So I let him strike up a conversation with me. :blush:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I didn't order one. I had my sales guy do a dealer trade for one that had the options I wanted. That method only took 1 week.

Process went something like:
Wednesday - Visit the dealer to test drive the Escape with the wife. Worked out pricing / options and told them we'd sleep on it.
Thrusday - Phone call the dealer with an OK to find one.
Monday Morning - Dealer called [found one]. Monday evening dealer called again [trading dealer sold it]
Wednesday - Dealer called again [found another one]. // We accepted and the dealer picked it up.
Thrusday - We went in and signed for it. [dumping our beyond junky Chrysler Sebring]

We still got all the options we wanted and it only took a fraction of the time. Of course, our requirements were very basic and we weren't shopping for anything like a Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I may need to order one myself, since my Edge lease is up soon.

I wanted a Hybrid originally, but I like to lease, and the Hybrid leases are :shock: .

Since my choices of Limiteds with navigation and the 302A package are pretty, er, limited here, I may order one soon.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
jpark said:
I wanted a Hybrid originally, but I like to lease, and the Hybrid leases are :shock: .
Have you told them that you own the definitive resource on Ford Escapes, and that the fate of Ford rests in your hands? :calvin:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I tried that.

They added $10 to my monthly payment quote.

:cuss: :rant:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts