Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my old laptop and came across this deal he's willing to settle for $800.00 a little bit more than what I planned to spend but it sounds like a nice Laptop.

Bran new never been opened Hp Elitebook 8540p Notebook PC (energy Star) model WH252UT

Processor: Intel Core i7-620MProcessor (2.66 Ghz, 4 MB L3 cache
Standard Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDFR3 SDRAM
Internal Drive: 320 GB 7200 rpm SATA II
Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL LightScribe
Graphics: NVIDIA NVS 5100 Graphics (1 GB)
Wireless: Intel Centrino Advanced N 6200 (2x2) 802.11a/b/g/n Hp Intergrated Module with bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology
Battery: Battery type: 8 cell (73WHr) Li-ion Battery life: up to 5 hours and 30 minutes
Product Color: Platinum

I won it at a company party raffle where I work. I already have a lap top so I don't need this one. I got all this information fron the Hp web site. ( Feel free to look) The web site has this computer selling for $1,609.00 I want 1000.00 or best offer. I am also willing to trade. Things I'm intrested in are Vehicals perferably a truck , Engine powered toys ( 4- wheelers Dirt bikes Ect.) Riding Lawn tractors. Trades I want around the same value of the Lap top. The thousand dollar price is for cash. Depending on what you have to trade I might be willing to add cash to either side of the deal. If you have something to trade thats not on the list let me know Im intrested in just about anything. If intrested feel free to contact me at (734) 772-2987 or send pictures of what you have to trade to my Email.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Sounds like a very nice laptop for the money... but what will you be using it for? If you are going to be doing internet, e-mails and some letter writing it's overkill and you can get something less expensive. If you are going to be doing graphics or editing movies, this looks like a good machine for that...

At the beginning of the holidays, my father got an HP with a core2duo 2.4Ghz processor, 4 gig ram, 500 gb HD, a 17.4" screen and Intel graphics for $550 from Staples. It's a really good machine for what he does with it...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking to replace old laptop and desktop, thinking of going back to school in the fall. I'm looking for something that would make a good desktop replacement, portable, run the latest aplications, can handle large spreadsheets and Access files, streaming video and the occasion game.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Nevermind, I figured it out. Sounds like a good laptop. Is this a dual or quad core?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After doing a little research on the processor I believe it's a dual core with Hyper Threading and Turbo boost.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Some info on the chip:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core ... 043.0.html

Its a nice machine. For that kind of scratch, I would consider an SSD / regular HD combo, but that's something you could add later.

Newegg prices most i7 machines right around $900. But then again, you can actually warranty it and such.

If you can add a warranty to the one he's selling for sure (and you can ask the company), then maybe it is a smart investment.

I say all this about warranty because laptops can really screw you over, and because they are incredibly proprietary and unable to swap little parts here and there,..you had better have some sort of warranty that it will be OK.

Case in point, bought a Gateway, used as a demo at a computer store (no returns), and the machine simply cannot stay running on battery without freezing up for some inexplicable reason. So make sure you have some sort of recourse from the OEM.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's one of the reasons why I was considering this machine because the Elitebooks come with a three year parts and labor warranty from HP. I'm going to see it later today to make sure everything is legit, he said he has all the paperwork packing material and warranty papers.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If it does, I believe you have your answer. If it doesn't however, then I would wholly recommend Acer or Asus machines completely. You can get a lot of laptop for $600-700 or so at Newegg. Don't forget to use bing.cashback for your 2-3% cash back. that's worth a few bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts