Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm newly registered here but I thought I'd stop lurking and post up all the details of our new rig and the modifications I've made to it since we brought it home Mon July 5.

2010 Escape XLT, 4wd, V6, Steel Blue Metallic, Stone interior, Sun & Sync, Cargo package, Remote start.

First thing was to strip the emblems off the hatch (moments after we got it home) and install some SilverStar headlights. The next night I laid some pinstripes. Then I installed a bull bar from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0193bd70 and the Hella 500FF fog lights on it. Next was a Curt class III hitch and wiring. After that was the AVS bug/rock deflector. Last was a stubby antenna, though I don't like the rubber one I got and a billet one will be here tomorrow to replace it.

We've also put in a set of Ford floor mats (like the Husky's, only they say Escape) and a Canvasback cargo liner to keep the dog hair under control. On their way are Coverking neoprene seat covers (the Stone seats are way too light in color and we're trying to stay ahead of stains).

In all, it's been a pretty productive couple of weeks.

Before:

After:

Anyway, thanks for looking.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I LOVE what you did with your Escape!

Sometimes I miss being back in the states.....so hard to get accessories for my Escape :(

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supertramp said:
:thumb: looking goood!!! Which method did you use to get the the rear badge off?? I agree... that antenna has got to go.
Seeing that it was about 90 degrees in the shade the day we got the car home, I just pried them off with a screwdriver (rag behind it to protect the paint of course) and they popped off cleanly. It also helps that our car was built within the last month. All of the double-sided tape hadn't really had a chance to set yet.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very sharp! :thumb: I so love the steel blue! :yes:

Welcome to the City! :welcome:
Glad that you decided to start posting. :)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello SsquaredDesign.
Beautiful new escape there.
I love how you, finished off the front end. :shades: :thumb: :welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts