Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Number 6
Ford Escape Hybrid FWD
Engine/motor: 2.3-liter I4 gas/electric
Combined MPG: 32
Annual fuel cost: $1,875
Annual fuel use, gallons: 469
Annual petroleum consumption, barrels: 10.7

Cynics are forgiven if they're shocked to learn that the sixth most fuel-efficient 2008 vehicle in the U.S. is an SUV -- from Ford, no less. Sure, the Excursion may be permanently dry-docked, but Ford still churns out swillers like the Expedition and Explorer.However, they also give us a good-looking sport-ute that's sensible for city duty without sacrificing useful cargo room. Combined mileage for the hybrid suffers only slightly when appointed as an all-wheel drive, and in either configuration, the Escape Hybrid behaves largely like its gas counterpart. For cynics or those who want to take baby steps into the hybrid life with a familiar-looking ride, this vehicle may be the answer.

WELL AT LEAST I WANT ONE :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That's pretty good for a platform in its 9th model year.

Despite what some of the magazines say, I think the '08 redesign and the '09 powertrain redesigns have put totally fresh faces on the E/M/Ts.

If I could have found one a year ago, and again in February before we bought the Fusion, one or two of them would be in our garage right now. I don't regret buying either car, though.

:thumb: to Ford's recent efforts.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im really impressed... last time i went to Mexico i got about 30 MPG... and then my dad told me, "we are going to start taking your truck everytime we come to vist it your grandparents..." i was like :shock: :rant: ... they take my truck cuz my mom drives a 2007 King Ranch Ford Expedition and my dad a Chevy Avalanche... so they save on gas... i get :cry: when they take her

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I think I'd be :wall: :rant: too.

Ask them for a few hundred bucks for wear 'n tear.

:lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea and then get kicked out... but its fine sometimes... thats when i have time for my first car... :cry: i miss her right now... my dad drives her to work...

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
02Xcape said:
yea and then get kicked out... but its fine sometimes... thats when i have time for my first car... :cry: i miss her right now... my dad drives her to work...
:lol: :clap:

Gee, let's think about this...A roof over my head or let my parents borrow the Escape....Hmmm. :hyst:

When I was 18 I bought a loaded '69 Riviera. my Mom loved that car and used to "borrow" it all the time. :cuss: If I refused?....Well let's just say I didn't find out. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Good thinkin' :thumb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my mom drives a HUGE Ford SUV its a king ranch... she love the SUV but hate the MPG

·
Registered
256 Posts
Two questions:

1. What is the source of this article/rating?

2. Since this Board seems to have the ultimate techies related to Escape electrical, is anyone working on installing/reviewing/developing a plug-in hybrid solution? DO I REALLY HAVE TO WAIT FOR FORD??? (to provide the Mrs. with some electric capability?). NiMH is fine, don't kill yourself with Li-ion, 20-30 mile range on electric will do.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Wamme to roll up my sleeves and get to work on this?

;)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:

;)
Could be a dirty job. Best to just take your shirt off.
:angel: :shades: :lol: :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Your halo keeps falling off.

:bill:

·
Registered
256 Posts
prowler said:
Since this Board seems to have the ultimate techies related to Escape electrical, is anyone working on installing/reviewing/developing a plug-in hybrid solution? DO I REALLY HAVE TO WAIT FOR FORD??? (to provide the Mrs. with some electric capability?). NiMH is fine, don't kill yourself with Li-ion, 20-30 mile range on electric will do.
jpark said:

;)
Yes, please.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:
Your halo keeps falling off.

:bill:
What? Just don't want you getting your shirt dirty,that's all. I'm being very thoughtful and considerate.
See, it's on.... :angel:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:)P

1 - 18 of 18 Posts