Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
13,548 Posts
You've got to be careful with this. NJ passed (or is passing) a law about people registering vehicles out of state. They might think the vehicle is registered out of state for insurance reasons. They consider it fraud. I think you need to register in NJ. NY State has an entry on their FAQ's page for when the Registrant and the Owner are different people. I couldn't find anything similar on the NJ-DMV site. This is what I found there:

Moving to New Jersey Overview
New resident: transferring your out-of-state vehicle title
New resident: registering your out-of-state vehicle

Based on what I found online, I would call the NJ-DMV and ask.

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission: (609) 292-6500 or toll free in NJ (888) 486-3339
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.