Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 2.3L 2005 Mazda Tribute. It displays the error code "P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input". While accelerating, the car will intermittently lose power. It kind of feels like a transmission thump, but it is a fuel system problem. I will have the gas pedal pushed down, but the car will start decelerating. Sometimes I can start pumping the gas pedal when this happens and the vehicle will eventually start accelerating again and sometimes the car will decelerate about 20 mph until it shuts off. Sometime the car starts fine, other times it cranks but does not turn over. I took it to Mazda to have it diagnosed. They told me that it was a bad fuel pump. I replaced the fuel filter and pump, with no improvement. I also replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor, also with no improvement. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If changes were made at Mazda I would take the car back to them.
I would check for conductivity the sensor wire going to the PCM.
These sensors sometimes get blown with sudden changes of their voltage amplitude-extreme and abrupt need of fuel demand.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. Some of you may know my username from a few years ago on that other board, but this is my first post here. I haven't been having any problems at all with my Escape until my battery died a few weeks ago and now I'm getting a P0193 fuel rail pressure sensor, high input code.

We are having extreme temperatures here and I got the check engine light coming on with this code after a few miles highway driving after leaving the car out in the sun and heat for several hours. By "extreme temperatures" I mean it was 104 that day (and an all time, all days record of 113 yesterday, but that's a different story).

Is it possible that some sort of vapor lock situation caused this error code?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Esc said:
Hello all. Some of you may know my username from a few years ago on that other board, but this is my first post here. I haven't been having any problems at all with my Escape until my battery died a few weeks ago and now I'm getting a P0193 fuel rail pressure sensor, high input code.

We are having extreme temperatures here and I got the check engine light coming on with this code after a few miles highway driving after leaving the car out in the sun and heat for several hours. By "extreme temperatures" I mean it was 104 that day (and an all time, all days record of 113 yesterday, but that's a different story).

Is it possible that some sort of vapor lock situation caused this error code?
With the code you mentioned, did you sense the car behaving differently than normal?
Many times at extreme temperatures, humidity and altitude the sensors get the "Odyssey 2001 syndrome".

·
Registered
2 Posts
SUVord said:
With the code you mentioned, did you sense the car behaving differently than normal? Many times at extreme temperatures, humidity and altitude the sensors get the "Odyssey 2001 syndrome".
The car seemed to drive normally with no performance issues that I noticed in ordinary driving.

I have reset the check engine light and will drive the car to see if I get the code again. Supposed to be only 98 today though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts