Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Escape-City workout buddies, have any of you done or are doing the P90x workout program?

I myself started last week, and boy is it one of the best workouts I have ever done! I am on week two and starting to see results already. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to get back in shape or get in better shape! Two days in to week two.

Bring It!

·
Registered
420 Posts
a guy at work started it and he said it was intense, a guy my sister knows went thru it and is on his second time round, she said he lost a lot of wieght and he said he feels stronger. I bought a bowflex a while bakc and have been using it as time alows and i am very happy with the results from that. gettin a routine and stickin to it is 90% of the battle.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I tried an intense workout like that a few years ago. My body, more specifically, my knees, weren't up for it. Started out OK. After the initial workout, I couldn't lift my arms for 2 days. I settled in for two weeks. Then they started doing these leg exercises where I needed to lean against a wall in a seated position (no seat though) and hold that for a minute at a time. I'm 6' tall and at the time 225 lbs. The knees couldn't take it and I've had problems with them ever since.

I desperately need to get into a routine though. I've been incredibly inconsistent due to various health issues. I've just got to suck it up and do it. I'd love to try P90X if I can lose 40 lbs (currently 243) and get into semi-decent shape so I don't immediately hurt myself...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Everyone that I have heard that uses P90X says it is intense and you are SPENT when done with the workout. It is a royal derrière kicker, but it gets the results if you stick with it. I have been tempted to try it. The hardest thing to lift while starting a fitness routine is your butt off of the couch!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I've used/been using since pretty much it came out. Not all of it is for me. I only like the ab ripper and plyometrics, all the other stuff I do my own variations. Thing about the p90x is it is real versital and low impact for people that have physical issues. Follow the workout plan and eating and what not then youll be squared away.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After being on the road for business for the last few months, it is good to be home for a while.

What that means for me, is to get my butt back on the p90x program! :woohoo:

Anyone doing a specific workout program?

·
Registered
574 Posts
No pain, no gain boys. That's the truth. A friend tried P90X and loved it, my brother in law hated it but hits the gym anyway.

At the risk of preaching, but I was a personal trainer in university but lost my own exercise mojo in my late 20s, gained 40lbs, and then got it back again in my mid 30s and never looked back. From my Phys-Ed background I can say that P90X is pretty good but be sure to be getting some pure cardio if you are overweight as well.

Find something you like and do it every day, mix cardio with weights (if you are overweight, do more cardio in the beginning to shed a few lbs), but just find something you like. Diets don't work because they suck, so people don't stick with them. If you hate bikes, don't start biking, but if you love it, do it. Its about liking your workout and you'll stick with it.

For me, it is up at 5:00am and running 5-10K every other day (yes, even in winter) and hitting the Gym for weights on the other days. Occasionally doing BodyAttack or BodyPump at the gym as well if running can't happen.

I am 5'10" and 165lbs. My motivaton - I never want to go back to having my gut hang over my pants again.

·
Banned
105 Posts
I started the http://www.supreme90day.com/ program 3 weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Much like the P90X, only way cheaper ($25 shipped). My wife who was already a workout fiend watched me do a few of the DVD's (there are ten different ones) and then decided to join me. We're now both working out 6 days a week together.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I like to incorporate workouts into daily life. Any errands within 1 or 2 km, I'll jog over. Anything within 10 km, I'll bike it, unless it involves transporting a ton of stuff. I joined Habitat for Humanity partly so I could do a variety of manual labour throughout the day.

I'm also trying out the Couch-to-5k program to work on my stamina.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I thought about doing P90X myself, but instead decided to take up running again. This will be week six since I started and I have lost 3 pounds so far. I have been running 18 miles per week (6 on Mondays and 4 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). I am 6 feet tall and weighed 173 when I jumped on the scale last Wednesday. Ideally, I'd like to get down to 160 or so, but I'd probably have to stop eating all together.

I would like to gain more definition, but I really hate lifting weights especially when everyone else @ the gym is lifting 3-4 times what I am lifting. I really enjoy the endorphin kick that running gives me so I guess I'll stick with that.

For anyone with a smartphone, there's a neat little app called MyFitnessPal that allows you to track your calorie consumption and exercise routine.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Does anyone else find they gain weight from working out? :lol:

I stopped exercising in university and dropped to 160 pounds. Back when I was doing heavy workouts where I was curling 45s and was able to squat 720 lbs, I was at a beastly 200 lbs. Now that I'm doing a bit of lifting with a lot of cardio, I've grown to 185 lbs. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
P90X, GYM JONES, CROSSFIT, MILTARY ATHLETE, ETC.. All great programs. I take a bit of everything and add it to my routine. My routine is good ole iron pumping, cardio, core. And I keep up and bea these guys that I just mentioned. But the same can be said if one of those guys was typing this post. Ultimately we are all trying to get fast and strong.

The way I train people and soldiers. Is Cardio first. You wanna get ride of all the bad fat from the body. You do that till you can maintain a low/good body fat content as well as weight. Then you have to make a decision of wether you wanna get big, tone, stay skinny or unfortunelty go back to the your old ways. What you want to continue is that cardio, add core work and possibly plyometrics. But once again you have to make that decison as to what direction you want to go in. Cause with just doing what your doing (which is great to continue if nothing else) your just chopping at it when you could be using a chainsaw to get results.

You shouldnt feel intimidated at the gym. All those guys including myself and anyone else here, started from nothing. When theres a new guy in the gym I dont make fun or anything to him except say hi if I have a chance. At least they are in the gym, fat or skinny, trying to make a difference. Go in there any learn, not by gauking or starring but pick up their form and techniques.

Mantruck101 said:
I thought about doing P90X myself, but instead decided to take up running again. This will be week six since I started and I have lost 3 pounds so far. I have been running 18 miles per week (6 on Mondays and 4 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). I am 6 feet tall and weighed 173 when I jumped on the scale last Wednesday. Ideally, I'd like to get down to 160 or so, but I'd probably have to stop eating all together.

I would like to gain more definition, but I really hate lifting weights especially when everyone else @ the gym is lifting 3-4 times what I am lifting. I really enjoy the endorphin kick that running gives me so I guess I'll stick with that.

For anyone with a smartphone, there's a neat little app called MyFitnessPal that allows you to track your calorie consumption and exercise routine.
Oh yeah your gonna gain weight evetually in doing exercise. The first level you get rid of the fat. You gonna see your weight drop then after time you develop muscle and gaining wieght (good weight)

Canada Panda said:
Does anyone else find they gain weight from working out? :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.