Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ford service manual says to remove the intake manifold to replace the PCV valve - anybody done it without all that hassle? I just turned 100K miles so I would like to replace it but I don't wanna pull the intake.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have to do mine too, already bought a new pcv..but I think its under the IM...which means you almost have to take it out. Looking with the hood open the engine is really close to the front radiator and almost no room as it is :/

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good god, having to pull the IM out just to replace a 12.00 part? That sucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did mine on my 05 Focus (2.3 same as 05-08 Escape) took me 4 hours. There is 8 bolts on the intake and the middle ones are tricky to get as you dont see them. There is no way u can change it w/o removing the Intake, there is even a locking safety washer on it. If you dont have oil consumption & no hard gas pedal (resulting from carbon deposit on the throtle body) keep it there. My best advise, use Synthetic oil, way less carbon build up, so the pcv stays clean as new. I also drive a 08 Tribute (same 2.3 engine) and nothing else than synthetic goes in the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did mine by using on old shower curtain rod laying around cut it about 4" the first time,was too short, then cut it about 8-10" then hammered the round end square and used my new one as a reference to how much to square up the shower curtain end, then used a long needle -nosed pliers to take off the rubber off the old pcv valve,guided the rod to the old valve twisted and removed,put the new valve in the rod and inserted back again.Just gotta watch when removing rubber hose and not to tear it.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
jedtom said:
oh sorry that was used for the 3.0 6-cyl
I used a 7/8 swivel socket on mine v6, also have used a wrench...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts