Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use some sound deadening in my escape, now me being on a students budget and somewhat cheap im looking for alternatives. I want to do the whole car ( roof, doors, floorboards, etc etc) Ive been researching some things and this is my plan of attack. since i have to replace the carpet in my escape anyway i thought i would put down a layer or two of this stuff then some jute carpet padding over that. from what i have gatherd it works great but some people still say use dynamat or something similar. you can get a roll 6" x 25' for like $16 at lowes so hell i think that worth it

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been wondering about this as well. I have read that there are problems with the smell, especially on hot days. I have also read there were adhesion issues with Peal and seal. My problems not the college budget, it's that my wife will murder me. But I am seriously itching to put in a new system, the premium system in the escape SUCKS!!!!!! I mainly just got so I had the space for the sub.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as i have seen people said the smell was around for a couple of days but nothing after that. also some people have said it stuck so well they had to scrap it off inch by inch im going to do it to my doors first and see how that goes ill keep everyone posted

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Check out fourthmeal's posts in the audio section for lots of info on awesome builds. Also check out my post on the soundproofing project.

Personally I feel you get what you pay for. If your thinking of sound proofing your vehicle for $16 from Lowe's products, I personally don't think it will make any difference in noise reduction. May keep out some drafts though. Plus when it gets wet it may deteriorate or smell. Seriously, invest in a product designed to sound deaden.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i did it with peel and stick from lowes, i got several rolls at a great discount. I put four layers inside the doors and my system which consists of nothing but MTX 6x8 sounds significantly better. plus there is less road noise. Id say for the money i payed well worth it. OH and there was no smell at all. I plan on doing the back hatch as well as the floor boards but that is for another day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts