Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope i am not nagged for this. It is about engine oil which is used in our escape motors. Just trying to keep it in the appropriate section of this site. My apology to all for being too excessive in postings. It's allright ScooterScott i respect your observations. I hereby am willing to comply with the escape-city" Occupational Health & Safety" regulations. Suffice it to say i have come to an agreement. :) :bust: :spank:

I can not recall how many opposition oil brands are on the down under market. For my previously owned cars, the mechanics used ' Castrol ' engine oil on each service interval. Obviously there were no detrimental effects on the engines. Have become disgruntled with " Maughan Thiems" after sales service. Would not rather submit details. ;)

For individual peace of mind, i now go to a different business for the escape service requirements. With my consent the service technician is using " PENRITE" engine oil for the 2.3L motor. Every one is entitled to their preference. Possibly on a six cylinder engine, it is not critical if other brand oils are used. Please correct me if my analysis is off base. I am only guessing because a six pot has enough power, and is a stronger motor with two extra cylinders.

My service tech recommended the penrite. It does have a good reputation, and i have spoken to people who feel confident with it. The tech is of the opinion, that my four pot engine will benefit from a quality oil. This penrite oil is not inducing ,any unusual symptoms on the performance of valves and cylinders. The intention is to keep the car serviced regular , and my use of penrite will be consistent. Hopefully this particular brand ,will help to maintain the lifespan of mechanical engine components. :)

:) :lol: :thumb: :clap: :peace: :)P :shades: :drool: :yahoo: :wave: :woohoo: :happy: :hi: :party: :bump: :popcorn: :whistle: :shock: :bill: :p :rockon: :bang: :stop: :confused: :shrug: ;) :yahoo: :woohoo: :party: :happy: :bic: :thumb: My apology to all for past errors. Just wanted to reach a milestone. Will settle down now and co-operate in a more sensible approach. " YOU BEAUTY!" " LETS PARTY!" :lol: :lol: :yahoo: :hyst: :hyst: :beer: :beer:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Stone,

I am not familiar with that brand of motor oil. I have used Castrol Syntec in the Escape with good results. I got about 5 - 10% better fuel economy when I used the Syntec.

I will be trying Mobil 1 in the Tahoe when I get around to changing the oil next time.

Keep us informed stone.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
cbramsey said:
Stone,

I am not familiar with that brand of motor oil. I have used Castrol Syntec in the Escape with good results. I got about 5 - 10% better fuel economy when I used the Syntec.

I will be trying Mobil 1 in the Tahoe when I get around to changing the oil next time.

Keep us informed stone.
ive used both CB, save your money and buy whatever one is on sale when you need some.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I've not heard of that oil either stone..

As far as Castrol and Mobil 1 I haven't used either of them...I thought about switchin to synthetic though...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i will even be running synthetic in my snow blower lol. and maybe the lawn tractor.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If I recall correctly - Penrite is an Australian company. Don't know if their oil is just a rebadge or whether they do any processing of their product.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
So long as the oil meets the manufacturers spec. I wouldn't pay an extra cent for any oil.

Ford recommends a synthetic blend, and specs their cars and trucks for such. It works the best keeping you engine lubed properly.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i prefer synthetics because i they last longer, and well -40 is pretty damn cold.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I run Petro Canada synthetic 0W-30 all year on 10,000 km intervals. If I ever drive more than that per year, I would consider switching to PC Duron Synthetic 0W-30 on 15,000 km intervals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts