Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have read and heard about these headlamp bulbs. The Phillips Night-Vision + 50. About how they are so much better than Silvana's SilverStars. Received a coupon, from my sisterinlaw for half off. So, I bought a pair. All, I can say is right now. Is that , THEY are DEFINITELY better. I changed the passenger side first. Turned on the headlamps and couldn't believe the difference!!! The passenger side was a WHITE color, while the drivers side, (being the original halogen) was a yellow in color & clarity. To confirm my observation, I went in and coxed Mrs. PK too come out and look. She observed the same. As of right now. I can't give a night report about these headlamp bulbs. But, I can Tuesday morning. (Wednesday, down-under) I am curious if they are so much better...............

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm looking at improving the headlights on my Ranger. I may just go with that.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
PollKat said:
Well, I have read and heard about these headlamp bulbs. The Phillips Night-Vision + 50. About how they are so much better than Silvana's SilverStars. Received a coupon, from my sisterinlaw for half off. So, I bought a pair. All, I can say is right now. Is that , THEY are DEFINITELY better. I changed the passenger side first. Turned on the headlamps and couldn't believe the difference!!! The passenger side was a WHITE color, while the drivers side, (being the original halogen) was a yellow in color & clarity. To confirm my observation, I went in and coxed Mrs. PK too come out and look. She observed the same. As of right now. I can't give a night report about these headlamp bulbs. But, I can Tuesday morning. (Wednesday, down-under) I am curious if they are so much better...............
So how much do they actually cost a fellow? Are they available at the local auto parts? I am always interested in improving the safety of my cars/trucks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So how much do they actually cost a fellow? Are they available at the local auto parts? I am always interested in improving the safety of my cars/trucks.
Got mine for $19.99 (odd price) You can get these at ACO-Hardware, KMart, Meijers and NAPA auto stores. Like I stated, it wasn't trickery. (blue coated bulbs) The Halogen was definitely a yellow tint against the garage wall. The NV+ was definitely whiter. Forgot to add that, if they are better at night. Mrs. PK has given instructions to put a set in her Hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
I wonder how they would be in fog, which is a constant problem here? Even at the regular price they seem reasonable. I wonder if Wally World carries them...I got a project today. :yahoo:

·
Registered
446 Posts
PIAAs also rock... I can't compare them to PNV+50 though :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
MadMax said:
I wonder how they would be in fog, which is a constant problem here? Even at the regular price they seem reasonable. I wonder if Wally World carries them...I got a project today. :yahoo:
Me as well. I may have a F-150 mod that is coming due...for the winter as I have to drive at all hours of the clock going and coming to/from work.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Let's see some pics Mr. PK!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
One problem: There's no H11 size for the 2005-2007 Escape models---just like SilverStars (no H11s there, either).

And my Edge uses H11 bulbs for both the low beams and the fog lamps.

:cuss:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scooter Scott said:
Let's see some pics Mr. PK!
MR. PK ????? The only ones that call me that, are selling something............... :lol: But, pics of what? The old bulbs are in a land-fill or incinerator......... :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Well lets see what the new ones look like!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No H11? That sounds familiar. I wonder what the F-150 uses...

Later guys, I'm going on a rabbit hunt. Looking for Mr. Bunny FuFu... :p

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The newer F-150s (2004+ ?) use the H13 dual-filament lamp. It's sometimes called a 9008, although ANSI still doesn't officially have a 9008.

All three of the 2008+ North American E/M/Ts use the H13 as a single high/low beam as well.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Why are they neglecting the 05-07's? :(

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
It's not just the Escape. The H11 is now the most popular separate low-beam bulb on dozens of different cars (including four of them on my Edge).

What really bugs me is that the bulb part of the H11 is exactly the same as the bulb part of the H7, with a different socket. And everyone makes aftermarket H7 bulbs.

:cuss:

Maybe someone at Sylvania (and Philips) forgot to take Marketing 101.

:shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Common sense can't be learned.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry it took longer to get back on this. Anyway, these bulbs are great!!! Coming home from a meeting on a dark country road. They are Definitely Brighter (whiter). Sorta like, changing from regular fluorescent light tubes, to $ Full Spectrum ones. I could not tell if the light went farther. But I did turn on the fog lights and they made almost NO extra light in front of me. They did (fog lights) light up the direct sides and the stop sign seemed to reflect more with the fogs on. I was impressed enough that I'll be installing them on the Hybrid. If you decide to install these Phillips Night Vision + bulbs. I do believe you'll be very satisfied with them. PK

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Thanks PK. :thumb: And that was a good report! :yes:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
PollKat said:
Sorry it took longer to get back on this. Anyway, these bulbs are great!!! Coming home from a meeting on a dark country road. They are Definitely Brighter (whiter). Sorta like, changing from regular fluorescent light tubes, to $ Full Spectrum ones. I could not tell if the light went farther. But I did turn on the fog lights and they made almost NO extra light in front of me. They did (fog lights) light up the direct sides and the stop sign seemed to reflect more with the fogs on. I was impressed enough that I'll be installing them on the Hybrid. If you decide to install these Phillips Night Vision + bulbs. I do believe you'll be very satisfied with them. PK
They sound great. But you won't find them for a 2005-2007 Hybrid, since that uses the H11 bulb size.

If ANYONE can find an H11 bulb that claims 50% more brightness (not necessarily a color change), I'd also be interested.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts