Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this phone holder and I love it. Doesn’t block anything and it’s in the perfect spot. Since it’s made for my Escape dashboard, it looks like it belongs. I keep getting asked about it so I thought I’d share.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
I agree, in my car with SYNC 1 I use a phone mount, but SYNC3 I use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay and I use a 4 inch long USB cable with 90 degree ends and keep phone out of reach in the space below the climate controls.

Even without Android Auto/CarPlay you have nav and just connecting the phone to via bluetooth gives you full control of what you should be able to access while driving.

That is a nice looking holder too bad it is in a bad spot to be landscape, portrait is for Snapchat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Most new cars now have android auto or car play and people are still buying phone holders. I guess everyone has there own reasons. As far as my reasons. I like using my phone as my navigation and my cars infotainment screen as my radio and phone screen. That way I don’t have to switch back and forth. When only using the infotainment screen, if a call comes in, the navigation goes away and the phone screen comes up. It’s usually during the worst time which I find to be dangerous.
I also like having a designated spot for my phone so when I do need it or have to find it, I’m not twisting and turning to get it out of my pocket. It’s also closer to my driving line of vision so I don’t have to look as far to the right. It’s made for my escapes dash so it looks like it belongs more than the usual crappy universal phone holders.
My sister has a new Range Rover with CarPlay and she uses a phone holder that's attached to her vent. She says she hates having to learn that and prefers using her phone. We make fun of her. :ROFLMAO::LOL:😆

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
I guess, to each his own, that goofy looking tablet sticking up for SYNC 3 is bad, at least it isn't portrait mode. If the ones in portrait mode allowed more usage of the screen then I might be okay with it, but there is nothing really gained.

But the CD player that is in the 2 inch tall tower on top of my dash isn't exactly esthetically or functionally great either.

I have gotten a little more used to CarPlay, and you can have map, directions, and a third pane, it usually is music app, but can be phone app, but not messaging. Android Auto and the drop downs with the information for turn by turn or turning on audio works well for me. Phone is stashed and plugged in out of the way, I guess only run into an issue when going on 12+ hour trips in 110 degree ambient temps, my phone eventually will overheat (but not like attached to my dash in my other car, where charging stops and it can shut down).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts