Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a set of HIDs, so I figured I might as well try and sell these bulbs. I used them for a couple months, and they were by far the best halogen bulbs I've tried to date. I paid $90 for them new, and I'm only asking $20 (plus shipping) for them.

These are the same style, but remember mine are H10

Just for comparison, stock bulb on the left, PIAA bulb on the right.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stone said:
The headlight on the right, appears to have a whiter type of light. :)
Yep, that would be the PIAA.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OR I'LL TAKE BEST OFFER

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I've read that these don't last very long though...What have your experiences been? You know anyone else that has had these?

Not trying to kill your sale...just trying to get more info on them

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scooter Scott said:
I've read that these don't last very long though...What have your experiences been? You know anyone else that has had these?

Not trying to kill your sale...just trying to get more info on them
Yes I've heard that about almost all halogen lights, but the only reason I went with these was because one of my friends installed them a year and a half earlier, and they hadn't shown any sign of wearing out or anything. For the two or so months I used these, they were great. The only reason I switched them out was because I wanted a real set of HIDs.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
did you wear gloves removing/putting them in?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I've never had short-life problems with any halogen bulbs. As long as you clean each bulb with isopropyl rubbing alcohol and a CLEAN paper towel, and then make sure that absolutely nothing touches the bulb as you install it (not even the edges of the lamp housing), it should last for a long time. Halogen bulbs aren't made from glass---they're made from quartz, which can crack from even the slightest fingerprint, once it heats up.

I'm still on the same set of XD5 H11 bulbs that I bought for my 2005 Escape. They're now in my Edge's fog lamps, with a new set in the low beams.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
What is the difference b/n the H10 and H11?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
They look like two fairly different bulbs. The H11 is roughly twice as bright as the H10, but is rated for half the life. The H11 is shorter than the H10 and runs on lower voltage (12.0 V vs. 12.8 V), and the filament is closer to the bulb base in the H11.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
So shimmy I'll try them out...how's $15 shipped? Shouldn't be too much to ship them.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Squishy is right---H10 and H11 are totally different bulbs. H10/9145 bulbs have a base similar to 9005/9006 bulbs. H11 bulbs have a base similar to H9. H10 and H11 are not even close to being interchangable.

My 2005 had H10 fog lamps, but Ford later changed that round fog lamp design in 2006 to use a highly unavailable PS24WFF bulb (which is rumored to be called the H16/9009), even though the fog lamps look the same from the outside.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
So will his H10 work in my headlights?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Sorry to wreck the sale, but they won't---not in the fogs, lows, or highs.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
well fudge....there went that idea...so the H11's will work in mine?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yup...H11 low-beams, H7 high-beams, PS24WFF (H16?) fog lamps.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay MY MISTAKE I'm an idiot, I had the bulbs all packed and ready to ship so I went and opened it to double check, these are in fact H11's. Somehow I got confused when I made the thread and thought they were H10's. And yes, I used gloves + alcohol wipe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scooter Scott said:
$15 shipped :)
Sold. I'll PM you the PayPal info, assuming you have an account.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Thanks bud! You've got mail.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts