Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
The factory air box is a cold air intake. I guess i would like to see some pics of one of these installed. I could be mistaken but i believe you gave up a cold air intake for a under hood temp intake. Which i assure you the under hood air temp is higher than the ambient temp drawn in on the stock unit. I would like to know if you see a fuel economy improvements with this set-up.

I have also heard of people being fooled in the throttle response area due to the throaty noise. I would agree that it should sound faster. You can remove the silencer on the factory air box set-up and it will sound nearly the same. I will agree they sound much more agressive without silencers. When i get my escape i may try and test some of these products.

I personally am not sold on the "cold air intake " gimmick. just my $0.02.

In the end here all that matters is if you are happy with your purchase.

· Registered
108 Posts
CharlieJ said:
I guess I'm missing something here... because I've run three tanks of gas thru my '09 V6 Escape (purchased pre-owned on 4/09/10) and I'm averaging 24.02 MPG now -- with just a new K&N filter installed in the stock box.
You must be doing more highway driving. I believe Osker like myself does 99.5% city driving. I drive 10 miles a day and the highest speed limit is 40 MPH on the trip. My escape has about 700 miles on it now and it is completely stock and i'm averaging 18.6 mpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.