Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
oskerb said:
Finally took her on the highway, 21 mpg on a 51 mile trip. I'm gonna go on another highway trip probably next weekend to confirm. Still getting 17.6 to 18.6 in city and at one point got to 19 mpg
I guess I'm missing something here... because I've run three tanks of gas thru my '09 V6 Escape (purchased pre-owned on 4/09/10) and I'm averaging 24.02 MPG now -- with just a new K&N filter installed in the stock box.

BTW, not trying to hijack this thread, but would the Weapon-R CAIs work on a 2009 Escape? I have seen lots of mentions of 2008's, but have not seen any air intake mods for a 2009 V6.

· Registered
25 Posts
You guys are correct... My commute is roughly 60miles round trip daily. I have 8 stop signs (most miles apart) and 3 traffic lights that might stop me along the route. Otherwise, I'm cruising along at around 60MPH both ways. That's probably why I'm seeing the higher end of the scale.

Speaking of the 2009 air intake, it is all closed off (don't see how it gets any air at all). If that hasn't been discussed before, maybe I'll start a new thread and we can take up how to make the air flow better in a '09 V6 engines.

· Registered
25 Posts
oskerb said:
On the top of the 09's engine there is a big black plastic peice, that's the intake. Between the the front of the hood tip and the upper grill peice, is the actual air inlet.
Yeah, I see. But the "problem" in my view, is that there is weather stripping all around the intake inlet... and then the hood sits right down on top of that. I really don't see how the air intake gets any air at all. It's closed off. I wonder if anyone has taken that hose away from the metal it's attached to and moved it down so that air flowing through the grill will flow into it. OR... if something else has been done to increase air flow. The design seems to suit being changed easily... I am just not all that mechanically inclined. :play:

Here are images of what I'm referring to:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.