Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed one in my 2006 Escape Hybrid. Install went super smooth and everything works great. If you are looking to get one installed so you can plug your MP3 player or other device directly instead of using a FM modulator then I would strongly recommend buying one of these.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw shucks! I knew I should have taken pictures while I was installing it. All you can see now is the cord that plugs into the MP3 player. :spank:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Where's my wet noodle?? :spank: :spank: :spank:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:hyst: Search me!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts

You know what that means...take it apart and snap some photos :)

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh,ok. When I get a chance. :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure, wouldn't be that hard to do.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Dasha said:
Aww, you'd do that for us?
See? That tone of voice works every time.

:bill:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was going to purchase/install a hard-wired option on our 2005 FEH (would it be the same one as for your 2006 weebee?) but just never got around to it… have been using the inferior (but surprisingly OK) FM transmitter from DLO since purchasing our Escape in October 2004 and have decided I may remain lazy and acquire the hard-wired option via the purchase of a new FEH with the built-in AUX (one of these days…). :)P

Then again -- if it's as easy as you say, maybe I will still be persuaded to reconsider. What's the model number and where did you get yours weebee?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up a PIE interface and test-fit it a while back with moderate success in a dark parking lot. It picked up a substantial amount of line noise and the amount of new wire behind the head unit prevented a flush remount. So I decided to unhook it until I could figure something out. I s'pose I should try it again and maybe take some photos while at it.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HybridArchitect said:
I was going to purchase/install a hard-wired option on our 2005 FEH (would it be the same one as for your 2006 weebee?) but just never got around to it… have been using the inferior (but surprisingly OK) FM transmitter from DLO since purchasing our Escape in October 2004 and have decided I may remain lazy and acquire the hard-wired option via the purchase of a new FEH with the built-in AUX (one of these days…). :)P

Then again -- if it's as easy as you say, maybe I will still be persuaded to reconsider. What's the model number and where did you get yours weebee?
http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-Ship-Ford-RCA- ... 7C294%3A50

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, we're lively this morning, eh? :doh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts