Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of hard to really see well. It is a very highly metal flaked silver, and the PUTT is laser cut out of a piece of sheet vinyl of the same material. Guess the cell phones works better for calls than for pictures.

PUTT :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Looks great, Putt. Did you do it yourself or have it done?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did all the application, I had a sign shop cut the letters. Not that hard just use some masking tape to lay out the line then lay the pin stripping right against the tape. Just got to make sure you go slow and try to lay as long a piece as you can to avoid humps and bumps in the stripping tape. I did the entire side, over the seams and all then went back and cut out the seams at the doors. That makes for a much cleaner line. Then I cut out the bottom stripe and applied the PUTT. About $35 for all of it.

PUTT :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
VARY NICE! ;)

I did a pin strip on a custom pickup that I owned years ago. It worked out really well then too! In fact, I had a folding chair that I had just bought at a Target store that was upholstered the same as yours! And I had been using it to sit on while I made my way around the truck and did the detail cuts as my knees and back were giving out! :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts