Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to bypass this unit? No i am not going to be someone watchin a movie wen i drive but i do alot of shows and it would be nice to be able to play the music videos while im at a comp without havin to worry bout parkin brake.. thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
jshak07 said:
does anyone know how to bypass this unit? No i am not going to be someone watchin a movie wen i drive but i do alot of shows and it would be nice to be able to play the music videos while im at a comp without havin to worry bout parkin brake.. thanks
Is the hookup for the bypass on that unit looking for 12 volts or ground?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as I can tell ground... people have said to ground it and put a switch in between the radio and the ground and I will be good.. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
:lol: you wanna know how I grounded mine?

Simple:

I took the wire that it wanted to goto the parking brake, and i bolted it to the headunit in the back. There ya go! It's grounded!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly.

This is the AVH-P4000DVD, right? If you're good with schematics and electronics, go here: https://www.manualsparadise.com/ShowPro ... =M24744829

$15 for the wiring diagrams is dirt-cheap if you want to add other features, or if you ever need to fix it yourself. It's a PDF download.

I bought the manual for my Edge's factory nav head unit, and I can already see two features that are already in this unit that aren't included on my Edge:
* voice activation (the 2007 Edge had no microphone or voice switch, but those inputs are right there on the unused external pins)
* reverse camera input (there's a reverse lamp input and video input, again on the external pins but not in the Edge's electrical system)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i need to put a switch on the ground tho... my dual flip out that i had all i did was ground it out and it was done.. this one requires more than that.. i want to get a small switch box of about 5 or so switches because i need a switch for this.. my amp.. my interior led.. and whatever else i may add in ((possible xbox 360)) anyone know where I can get somethin like this?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
:lol: you wanna know how I grounded mine?

Simple:

I took the wire that it wanted to goto the parking brake, and i bolted it to the headunit in the back. There ya go! It's grounded!
worked on teh last one i installed.

and a buddy of mine wired his to a switch to trick it into thinking his park brake was on. so that way it was still legal if he ever got pulled over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post but for anyone who wants to bypass the parking brake for the pioneer headunits, you can use a relay. I just did this on mine. Buy a $4, 4 or 5 socket relay at like radioshack and the connections goes like this.

85 - remote turn on from headunit
30 - to green parking wire from headunit
86 - ground wire
87 - ground wire
87a - not used if you have a 5 socket.

That's it, not toggle switch needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts