Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully all reports are saying that everyone got out safely. I am very glad to hear this, and am thankful to see the emergency responders do their job with great skill and keep everyone safe.

Live on CNN right now.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I was listening to the radio and heard about it about a minute after it happened. A listener called it in before any of the news outlets announced it. The fiance of one of the girls I work with is watching it from his building. What they are saying is the plane flew through a large flock of geese just after takeoff and that seized the engines. The pilots were skilled enough to actually land the plane in the river. Amazing...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Unbelievable heroism on the pilot and rescuers parts. The images are very sobering.

Colleen, it was bound for your neck of the woods I think. Glad to hear all are safe.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
From what I have heard it's 155 passengers and one baby or to include one baby. One Flight Attendant has a broken arm...or maybe bone, I am not sure about that. All crew as well as passengers got out a-okay! That's all good. Too often the aircraft breakup on impact, but the pilot managed to keep it together and belly it in just right to maintain cabin integrety. NJ and NYC Port Authority rescuers were on the scene in minutes. Almost a text book case of how to crash land a disbled airliner. :thumb: :thumb: Props to the Pilot in Command and the Rescue personnel for sure!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I was just watching the news and they said after the crash and all the passengers were evacuated, the Pilot went back in the plane and walked up and down the isle 2 times to make sure there was no one left on the plane. This guy truely "did his job" :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
futameca said:
Colleen, it was bound for your neck of the woods I think. Glad to hear all are safe.
Yes, Tom, it was headed for Charlotte.
Charlotte is about 20 minutes from here. Charlotte Douglas Airport, about a 40 minute drive.
Thank God that all are safe.

jonas1022 said:
Props to the Pilot in Command and the Rescue personnel for sure!
Ditto !!!

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
That pilot did one heck of a job. It's something what birds can do to a large plane like that. When the wife and I were in Alaska on vacation the park ranger talked about a jet liner that recieved a broken cockpit window when a Salmon dropped through it. They figured what had happened was that an Eagle was flying over head and the plane scared it and it dropped the fish. :wave: :wave: :wave:By the way that was at 30,000 feet

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

The pilot is a true hero.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Someone started a Facebook page for the pilot this morning or last night. By morning it was getting something like 2300 hits in an hour! :kneel: Amazing! I guess folks like the guy...I know I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts