Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys. So I bought my 05 escape XLT yesterday. Now in a few days I hope to install my stereo equipment.

I looked at the interior pieces to see what I will be working with.

How do the plastic pieces on the sides (on the floor) come off. I noticed a small plastic tab like thing. I just dont want to start pulling and break anything.

Also: as far as the center fascia around the stock stereo it would help me if I was able to take this off. Now once I take the stock stereo out how do I get this piece off? Do i just pull?

I have read that people have had clips on the bottom scratch their dash when doing this. Can someone please explain this more to me. Is there a way to avoid it happening. maybe taping the dash and putting a cloth of some sort?

Any help you guys can give me will be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Use blue painter's tape to keep from scratching stuff, and some small towels here and there.

You should use a panel popper tool (about $10-15 just about anywhere tools are sold like Harbor Freight)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so I ran all my wires to the back of my 05 xlt.

I HATE the plugs that go into the trim pieces on the sides. Io- got 2 to go back in but then 2 are bent and worthless now. HOW THE HELL are you supposed to be able to just push those things in. I had to use a hammer for the front one but the one next to the seat.... UGH hate it.

How do I do those? they are also a pain to get out. I had to pull and hope I did not cut my hand.... which ended up happening anyways.

And then the back trim piece (one the floor down the side, BACK SEAT) has a plug and them some other odd twisty thing that looks like it is supposed to lock it in.... how are you supposed to get it out and then back in?

Also I ran 4 gauge wire down the driver side... almost seems alittle big for the trim pieces. sucks...

Please help me out here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts